Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Events

A few events happening at our house. We decorated the Christmas tree.



I know it's early, but I wanted to get it up and enjoy it. The kids have been singing Christmas music for awhile now. I stay up late at night editing pictures and drinking warm apple cider. The christmas candle is burning. So I'm guessing in about a week we will all be sick and tired of Christmas.

The video of them decorating and dancing makes me laugh. I keep watching it over and over. I crack up at Quinn and Brody's gorilla-like dance moves.

Also, Quinn has had quite a weekend. A couple of weeks ago a small red mark appeared on her face. We weren't sure what it was and at her one year well check the doctor said it could be a hemagioma. Kat and Brody both had those (you can see a picture here) so I knew what to expect, but it was really weird for her to get it at her age since it's mostly a newborn thing. Well this weekend she scratched her face and we could not stop it from bleeding. It didn't bother her, but was awful for Greg and I to turn and look at her and see blood dripping down her shirt. So today we took her the the Phoenix Children's Dermotology and they diagnosed it as pyogenic granuloma. They said she probably hit her cheek at some point which caused it. It's nothing serious but they did a little biopsy and hopefully she will be okay from here on out. We just have to watch her.



And finally, Kat and Brody had their first dental appointment. They did so well, I think they actually had fun. It was a good report for both of them (I worried with Kat's sweet tooth). It was neat to see their xrays and see their big adult teeth that will be coming in some day. Notice in the video and pictures that Kat has her snack and lizard with her. Those reptiles go with us everywhere these days. Sometimes she brings along a couple of plastic spiders too. I think she could possibly be a herpetologist when she gets older ;).




2 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Ryland broke my laptop so I am working off of an another computer with no speakers. As I was watching the Christmas video without music, I had a HUGE smile watching Brody & Quinn. So cute! Hey, are you gonna do Project Life this coming year? I didn't know you were submitting a Christmas card template. You are gifted for sure! I was trying to guess which one was yours.

Connor's Blog said...

Girl, that video of Quinn & Brody dancing cracks me up!!!