Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Recents

I had a free night tonight so I thought I would try to catch up on some blogging. Here are just a few recents:

We went to Desert Ridge one friday night for pizza and while we were there they released real snow from the roofs. When they announced that the snow was going to start soon I assumed it would be bubbles (like what we experienced at the Biltmore one year when we went to see their 'snow'). But it was real - and so fun! The kids first experience with real live snow - ha ha.

I also try to get a picture of them in front of the Desert Ridge tree. If I had my 'good' camera and a pocket full of treats then I think I would have accomplished it. But I didn't care too much and plus they had just finished devouring a chocolate chip cookie and were hyped up on chocolate and sugar.







We also went to Anthem to check out the tallest tree in the nation. I had no clue this was in fact the tallest tree - I thought the Rockefeller tree was the tallest. But that is what they say on their sign so it must be true. We went with out buddies Natalie and Connor. Quinn and Natalie scored some Christmas suckers and were a sticky mess by the end of it.


And look, a picture with me and my kids. Red eyes and all. I love it :). Now if we could just get Greg and I in a picture together with the kids, it would be complete.

Quinn wants to be like the big kids now and sit on the stools. I let her and just stand behind her and read the paper or eat my breakfast this way. It makes her happy and gives me a few moments of peace.
I found this on the camera, Greg must have taken it while I was out. The kids play outside about 70% of the day. The weather is that nice now where they can just run outside in the pajamas and pull dried up leaves off the tree (and bring them in to me to put the in water). As nice as the weather is, I wouldn't mind a few cold days. A jacket or sweater would be nice being that it's Christmas and all.

Here is a long video of the kids singing (and I use that term loosely) at church this weekend. It's long and shakey, but if you are a grandparent or relative you might enjoy watching it.



And as if these weren't enough pictures, I also posted more here.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I AM a grammy and the video was precious! Plus, I learned three new songs to sing to Sunny. Loved all the photos, especially the series in front of the tree. Your kids are such sweeties. Also thoroughly enjoyed seeing a picture with you!

Jim and Cindy said...

Me too Joanna! 'Tis the time of the year to fall behind on the blogging. Good to see the updates. Boy when you don't blog for a while it is easy to see how much the kids have grown. Merry Christmas to you ALL!