Tonight I was going through some (a lot) of older pictures of Kat and Brody. I liked to look back and see how much they've changed and are changing. Anyway, it made me notice how much both of their
hemangianoma's have healed and started to go away. A
hemangianoma is like a broken blood vessel that happens a couple of weeks after birth. I've read some places that fair skinned babies, preemies and twins are prone to them. So they had all three going for them! Kat has one on her left wrist and Brody on the side of his nose. I've heard various opinions on how long it takes to heal. One doctor said about a year, another 3 years and I've even read up to 7 years. But looking at these pictures I think they will be gone before age 7. We got lucky that they never really grew, I've seen on the Discovery channel where kids faces are practically covered with them. In extreme cases like that they do surgery. But in our situation it's better to let it go away on it's own because if you try to do something you could scar them. Now when we go to the store we have some people ask us if Brody scratched his nose. I just say it's a bruise (which I guess technically it is?). I think it gives him character :).
THEN

NOW

2 comments:
Wow! BIG improvement! I never even noticed their hemangiomas on either of them in all the pictures! They will probably disappear with time.
They are sure growing up! I love seeing the newborn and current pictures! You sure have beautiful babies, Joanna (& Greg). :)
Oh wow! I can't see it in their current pictures. I have never heard of hemangianomas.
Those are very cute newborn pictures! I agree with Jill, you 2 made very beautiful babies:)
Post a Comment