Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dear Steph

It floors me and scares me how time passes this quickly. This time last year I got to hold your hand one last time. And to hear you say I love you to your husband one last time. And to see you surrounded by all the people that loved you. I don't know if I find comfort in time passing this quickly or not. I miss talking to you on a daily basis. And shopping together. And having the one person in my life who knows me better than anyone. Matt misses you. Dad misses you. Your girls miss you. I have struggled all year with having peace. If I could visualize what Heaven was like I wouldn't have such a hard time with it. So I have been praying for peace and then just the other day dad said that he can just see you and mom up in heaven and laughing together. That was the first feeling of peace I've felt all year. So it got me thinking that you and mom and everyone else in heaven aren't sad or probably even missing us because soon the rest of us will be joining you. If one year could go this fast then before we know it five years will have passed. Then 10. And in heaven that's probably more like 5 minutes with eternity and all. I miss you so much Stephanie and can't wait till we are all together as a family again.

8 comments:

Jill said...

I think your Dad is right, Joanna. So sorry that this last year has been difficult. I can only imagine how tough. Thank goodness for family and you all wrapping her girls up in your love.

Erin said...

This post is beautiful. Sorry for the pain of this past year but thank you for sharing your heart with us and for being so real in your suffering. I'm praying for peace for you my dear friend, great memories and God's peace.

Jennifer said...

I got a lump in my throat just reading this Joanna. I know its been a tough year for you. I pray you can continue to find some peace and I think your dad is right too! Isn't it reassuring to know we will have eternal life together!

stephanie said...

hugs...

can't even begin to imagine how you feel, joanna. i pray this next year brings more peace and many sweet memories.

Jim and Cindy said...

I am praying for peace for you too Joanna. Let God wrap His loving arms around you and feel Him comforting you through your pain. Not one tear is in vain! Luv u girl!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Crying now for you and the ones left behind. She is happy and whole, I'm sure of that....

Unknown said...

Joanna
I love you
Daddy

Connor's Blog said...

You will see her again, and your Mom, and baby Jake too. They are waiting for you. You have angels all around you. And they will bring you home when God calls you, but, hopefully that will not be for many, many years to come. In the meantime, they still live in you, and they are not forgotten. They are beautiful memories to pass on to Reghan, Riley, Kat, Brody & Quinn. Steph, Your Mom, Jake -they have shaped who you are. And you are such a good soul Joanna. I'm so blessed you are my friend. I love you girl. :)