Sunday, July 25, 2010

Little sis

This picture cracks me up. This was taken today while we quarantined Kat and Brody inside the house. They woke up Saturday morning with fevers and strange coughs. Brody's could be croup by the way it sounds. It was almost like a switch turned. Healthy one hour, sick the next. Hopefully it will run its course and be quick. Here are a few happenings and overheards in this house that made me laugh:

1. Kat has started to not tell the truth. It's so blatent that it's almost funny. For example, Brody could be sitting on the couch minding his own business and Kat will grab a toy away from Quinn (thus making Quinn cry) and then look at me and say "Brody did it". So when she lied right in front of me the other day and I caught her in it I told her to tell me the truth. Denial. I asked her again. Still denial. So I told her she would not get in so much trouble if she would just tell the truth from the start. She thought about it for a second and then came clean. It was sort of cute in away. Until she lied again about 10 min. later. Ugh.

2. Brody has become quite the sassy boy. Today he told Kat to go make her bed. And when she asked why he said 'because Brody said so!'. Ha, wonder if he is mocking me??

3. Quinn laughs when someone gets hurt. Her favorite thing to do is smack you in the face with a toy and giggle like crazy.

4. Last week they finished up another week of Vacation Bible School. Every morning when I dropped them off Kat bounced into the classroom on her tippy toes and hugged and kissed everyone. Brody cried. When I picked them up Kat was singing the songs and Brody was scowling. At the end of the week the teachers wrote a cute note on the back of the kids final craft. Kat's note said "you were SO cute, we enjoyed having you!". Brody's note had his name on it. And that was it.

5. Brody likes to compare himself to Kat and say how much bigger he is. He'll say 'look mom - kat is this big and I am THIS big' all the while holding his arm up to show me what he is talking about. Kat does not like this one little bit. I don't blame her. But us short girls can unite.

6. and finally, Kat and Brody were enjoying a healthy bowl of cheese balls the other day. I told them as soon as they were done they needed to wash their hands. I went upstairs and came back down to 4 clean hands. I was so proud that they went into the bathroom and washed their hands all by themselves. Until Kat said 'look, I licked my hands clean'.

5 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Thanks for the Monday morning laughs! Taylor has been lying too...it must be the age or something...I hope they outgrow it.

Vicki said...

Hahaha... sounds like everything is normal at your house! Loved the cute stories.

Erin said...

HAHAHA laughing out loud. What a great pic and a great list. Ahh cheese balls :)

stephanie said...

i was laughing out loud reading this. your kids crack me up!

the notes for VBS... the lying... the funny things kids say...

good stuff. thanks for sharing. :)

Jennifer said...

great stories joanna!!!!