Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Ferris Wheel

Tonight grammy and grandpop took all the grand kids to the Glendale Glitter and Glow block party. There were hot air balloons that light up in the night, pretty cool. That is if you're not 3 and not afraid of a gigantic bee shaped hot air balloon. We had dinner before hand at the German restaurant, Haus Murphy's. Afterwards we rode some rides, one of them was the Ferris wheel. I never thought I was afraid of heights. I've been sky diving, I love tall buildings, etc. So when we got on the Ferris wheel I was surprised to find myself sweating a little. It was just Kat and I, Brody had a death grip on the stroller and wasn't going near that thing. Smart kid. I don't know if I've never ridden a Ferris wheel before, or if I just forgot, but they suspend you up in the air as people below get on and off. So you're just sitting in this little metal bucket. Kat was swinging her legs and the slightest, tiniest movement was making the seat swing back and forth. I couldn't look down or else I probably would have lost my schnitzel that I had earlier. I could hear Riley and Deven, who were in the cart below us with Mandi, just giggling away. Even Kat enjoyed it. I think I rode my last Ferris Wheel ride tonight, but the memories will stay awhile.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

you've been skydiving joanna? how did i not know that!?!? but the ferris wheel made you sweat? hehe! i can't remember the last time i rode one either, but this fall when we took the boys on a ski lift and it stopped 3 times as we were dangling over the mountain, i got a little sweaty too!

Jill said...

I agree - skydiving!? And a ferris wheel freaked you out!? lol I bet I'd be nervous too - and Celia would be wanting to go and not Nicholas. Funny how the girls are brave. Love the picture. Must've been difficult in the low light?

Heather said...

Something changes when we have kids. I was never afraid of heights either but I rode the skyride at the fair a couple of years ago with one of my kids and I thought I was going to die! I also took my boys on the swing ride at the fair another year and just kept picturing them flying off. It's funny how our "Mom" instincts change us. I also didn't know you went skydiving! Why would you ever jump out of a perfectly good airplane :)

jennbecc said...

Brian is a sissy on ferris wheels too so you are sweating in good company. ;) Sounds like a fun time! I miss Paula and Bob!