What do you say about a Christmas that was missing a very key person? It was different, weird, sad and just not the same. But when you have kids you make the most of it and you do what you have to do. Had I known that last year was going to be Stephanie's last Christmas I think of the things I would have done differently. I wouldn't have rushed and tried to fit two celebrations in one day. I probably would have taken my time and just spend quality time together. I probably wouldn't have worried about the kids schedule and getting home. They would have survived the day without a nap. I would have been more aware of the moment instead of thinking ahead to the next hour, day, and new year. And I probably would have said I love you every hour on the hour. But I can't go back and do that now, and even if I could my sister would probably punch me in the arm and tell me to stop saying I love you all the time. But I can be more aware of the people that are still here, because who knows when it is
any ones last Christmas really. Despite the fact of missing Stephanie tremendously on Christmas day, the kids had a good Christmas and I'm so happy for that. And for their grandparents who did so much for them to make it a good one. Their grandpop and grammy really spoil them and love them so much, and for that I am so grateful.

Kat running to the bikes that her grandparents bought for them. Notice her cute little purse. I bought that for her at the last minute (Christmas Eve to be exact) not sure if she would like it or not. She's not the girliest of girls, but she loves it.

Trying out her new trike. Her feet are a little shy of reaching the peddles and she sort of just pushes it for now. She'll learn soon I think.

Greg 'preparing' himself for the day.

Brody loves tractors, diggers, trucks and cranes. He loves this tractor. It's nice and loud.

Sweet Reghan waiting for her gifts.

Quinn was there too. Amid all the debris.

Riley & Brody awaiting grandpop's prime rib. Notice that monster like creature next to him? That was a gift from Greg and I. Mostly Greg. He decided to break into his Star Wars toys that he had in the garage for years and years and give them to Brody. We only gave him a few for now for Christmas. We'll spread out the rest throughout bday and such. He loves this thing. However, like the little boy he is, he took it to the second floor and decided to drop it over the stair railing. And as fate would have it, his cousin Ashley was standing right underneath and got hit right in the top of her head. While she was crying Brody asked me "why Ashley crying"? Because you knocked her in the head with your Star Wars creature buddy!

The purse that I wasn't sure that Kat would like or not. Turns out Brody likes it too.

Maybe a little too much?
8 comments:
Those are wonderful photos. Steph's girls are so precious and beautiful. They are mini-Stephs. Merry Christmas to you and the fam. ((hugs))
Hindsight is 20/20 right? The great thing is Joanna, that where your sister is she can see how much you love her and knows how much she is missed. And thank goodness her little ones have such a terrific aunt!!!
What a beautiful Christmas! I prayed for you all day. Love you friend. And love the pic of Brody- good blackmail material ;)
Your photos are precious and the one of Brody putting on lipstick made me chuckle. I really miss seeing you. Can you guys get together with us one of these days?
Oh, Joanna, I can't imagine how difficult this must have been without your sister there. But it looks like the cousins had a great time together, even if Brody did hit one in the head with a Star Wars creature! ;)
oh joanna, i know that must have been such a painful day for you :( i am so thankful that her girls have you there for them. you are a great aunt.
great pics,like always, just love the one of brody!
Loved looking at the pictures. Very sweet. That last picture of Brody made me laugh. :) Merry Christmas to your family.
Looks like you all had a great Christmas. Great pictures! :)
Post a Comment