Saturday, August 29, 2009

Garbage Truck

As I was leaving this morning to go take some pictures, I looked back at the house to make sure the garage door shut and saw these two little peeps standing in the doorway. I quickly took a picture of them from the car. They had just woken up and were still in their PJ's and had their blankeys. I'd like to think they were waving goodbye to me, but really they were waiting for the garbage truck. Every Wednesday and Saturday the garbage truck makes its rounds and Kat & Brody run to the door to watch. I really think it's the highlight of their weekend.

And speaking of weekends, this has not been one of our bests. Colds, coughs, and fevers for almost everyone. I have been spared, but I'm not sure Quinn has. She has had a rough few days. I'm pretty sure it's mostly colic, but just in case we are going to see the pediatrician tomorrow to get her checked out. She has not been a happy baby which has made this an unhappy house. I'm hoping and praying she is happy soon.

Here she is in a rare peaceful moment. Brody loves to caress and kiss her head and I'm glad I caught that on film. He makes a pretty good big brother.


A new favorite thing in Brody's life - transformers. He loves them. Bumblebee is his favorite, but really he'd play with any of them. He's even seen parts of the movie (the non violent/scary parts). This particular Bumblebee is 'broken'. Or so he thinks. It has this very loud and obnoxious sound to it that Greg turned off. Some day we'll 'fix' it for him and put the sound back on. But for right now I could use a little more peace and quiet.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Thats so funny that Brody likes the transformers cause just yesterday Nicholas was attracted to them at the store, but i didn't think he would know what to do with it - maybe he would like it then? cool.
So you get garbage pick up 2x a week? Ours is only on monday mornings in our neighborhood.
I hope Quinn gets some answers or even some prilosec or something. Was Brody on prilosec? I've heard that works so much better than zantac.

stephanie said...

no looking forward to the day when my children learn that batteries will fix most of the "broken" toys in our house.

i pray quinn becomes a happy, calm, precious little bundle of joy for you soon.

jennbecc said...

Our garbage pickup is Monday mornings too and Zack can here is from a mile away. LOL How fun that Brody has a new favorite toy! Z&J are back on a Thomas kick...ugh. And look at little Quinn! She's getting BIG!!! She must be a pretty good eater! :)

jennbecc said...

that should be hear it....LOL