Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stickers and little pictures

When you are bored and too tired and pregnant to leave the house you break out the stickers and let them have at it. This is what we did today. I can't believe how long stickers can keep these two occupied. It's great! Granted I'm picking up teeny tiny stickers the rest of the day, but that's okay. Kat was more interested in putting them on herself, Brody adorned the floors with his. We also colored a lot. Brody loves it when I draw him a 'big truck'. And though my drawing skills are lacking, he's not too picky and gets all giddy when I pick up the crayons. Now what to do tomorrow. I will be 5 days from my delivery date and the thought of heading outside in this heat does not appeal to me at all.


A couple of weeks ago I got an email from www.artscow.com about a $3.99 sale they were having on their 4x4 canvas prints. That price includes shipping too. I thought what the heck, I'd give it a try. I love the look of canvas but can't really afford right now to buy a good quality one. So I went ahead and ordered one to see how it would look. I had to fudge it around a lot in Photoshop because the site isn't the easiest one to use. So I fully expected to get an off-centered canvas print back. When it came in the mail on Saturday I was surprised. First, I laughed. It's so stinkin' small. I knew the size ahead of time, but I guess I didn't really picture it. It would make a fine coaster. Second, the quality isn't that bad. For that price I'll take it. So I'm considering buying three more and making a cute little square collage out of them. The sale ends on 7/31 if anyone wants the coupon code (I'll email it to you). Here's a picture of it next to my mouse for comparison.


9 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

OK, I totally love the canvas prints! And if the stickers are any indication of the future, you definitely have a Kat Von D on your hands :-)

jennbecc said...

Cute how Kat clumped all the stickers in the same place. How in the heck did you get down on the ground to take that picture? LOL! The canvas turned out cute! Did you put the black sides on or did they? So the picture is not wrapped around the sides right? For that price it sure is cute and a collection of 4 will be super cute!

Jill said...

Well that canvas is pretty cute! I wouldn't have pictured it so small, lol.
So did you lay on the couch and hand them stickers? Cute pics of their little stickers legs and arms.

Josephine said...

Adorable!

I'd love the coupon code :-D

I love the sticker pictures, too too cute!

Erin said...

Love the stickers and I'm with you I like gladiator Superman :) BTW- did the canvas come mounted? It looks really cool.

Carry said...

I think the canvas is adorable. Great idea to pull out the stickers. The Kat Von D comment is too funny....I love LA Ink!

Brooke said...

We love stickers too, love her sticker clumps. I take them to church, when they get fussy I put them all over them and they have to get them off....one time I forgot and Liam went up to communion with a few on his face...whoops!

Those canvas prints are really cute! I thought they were mouse pads ar first, lol!

Jennifer said...

love the sticker pictures! too cute!
the canvas turned out great! i might need to order a few of those too!!!

Anonymous said...

you take the best photos. I wish I could get you to come here and take my boys.

OMG!! I can't wait to hear about the little one. Good luck--don't know if you've had him/her yet, but should be any minute, right?

shelly

ps. great canvases! I'll look up the website