Tuesday, July 28, 2009

1st Pediatrician Appointment

Today Quinn had her first doctor's appointment. She is 6 days old. We were late to the appointment. Rounding up 3 kids is a lot harder and more time consuming than you'd think. I was sweating and tired by the time we all got in the van. Her appointment went well and she is 1 oz. over her birth weight. So she weighs 7lbs today. Greg and I noticed that one of Quinn's ears is a little different. We pointed it out to the doctor and he said that sometimes it takes awhile for the ear to 'unfold' after the baby is born (since they get all squishy going thru the birth canal - which she didn't but she got close). But also, there could be a link to her kidney. I'm not sure the connection between the two. So we are going tomorrow for an u/s on her kidney to find out. Hopefully everything will be okay and it's just a newborn thing. She has been the best baby so far. She eats and sleeps pretty much all day long. She is perfect.

Here are some pictures I took of her. I had a bunch of pictures in my mind that I want to take of her but these are all I got for today. I realize that I need to put my nice camera down and pick up my point and shoot camera to start capturing her day to day moments.




So here are pictures that I haven't posted yet and I need to start taking more of. I have my battery all charged and I'm going to be more mindful of taking pictures for memories sake and not for picture taking sake. Just to warn you ahead of time there are some blood and guts (mine) in one of these pics. But I had to post it since this is Quinn's blog now too and she needs to see her birth pictures.






10 comments:

Jill said...

Joanna her pictures are beautiful! IS that with your tamron lens? Nice work! I love them. :) Its SO true to pick up your P&S and just take snapshots. Definitely just need those memories.
I really love seeing both photos and snapshots!

Jim and Cindy said...

The B&W is AMAZING! I can't believe her belly button fell off already. Her little toes look sweet enough to eat! She is really simply perfect...and I am a little jealous, lol! Keep the pics coming!!!!

Connor's Blog said...

Joanna, your pictures are really great! You sure have a talented eye for photos. Love them. You have skills (as Gretchen would say). Quinn is so precious - like I said before, Dat Baby Cute! And I love the photo of Quinn with her Aunt Stephanie. Hope everything is okay with baby girl on her ultrasound.

Grace and Avery said...

I love these pictures. You are awesome to do this. When I had my twins I was so exhausted, I didn't do anything creative. I'm sure you don't know me, but we follow your blog and love all your great photos. If you have a minute, I'd love the coupon code for the canvas 4X4. I love the pic you had done of Kat and Brody. BTW, I used to post on the twins message board and that is where I came across your blog. Have a great time with your two big kids and Quinn.

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Quinn sounds so precious! I can't to meet her. I'm still in shock that you had a girl. You are doing awesome with the photography. I would be happy to pay you to take some of Ryland when you are up to it. Do you have any of Kat and Brody with Baby Quinn? I keep wanting to call you to check in but talk myself out of it because I don't want to interrupt you guys. Please let me know when I can bring happy meals over for the kids and hang out with you guys for lunch. Taylor misses her buddies.

Rachael Schepemaker said...

PS -- Taylor and I just prayed for Baby Quinn's health. Let us know how everything turns out.

Jennifer said...

great pictures Joanna!!! I agree with everyone else, you certainly have an eye for it!!!
we will be praying for sweet baby Quinn, keep us updated! she is beautiful!

Erin said...

Beautiful-all of it! Love the pics. We are praying for her tiny baby kidney :)

Cass said...

Those are some stunning photos! Wow! Just, wow. Congratulations, Joanna.

About the ear/kidney thing. Evidently, the ear structures form at the same time in the womb as the kidneys, so if some event occured which impacted the development of the ear, which we can see, then the same event could have impacted the development of the kidneys. Lauren was born with a little polyp/skin tag on her ear, so they wanted to do a renal u/s on her. They discovered that one of her two ureters is dilated. It was of no consequence, though we had to repeat the u/s at 3 months old, 6 months old, and 12 months old. She's outgrown the discrepancy, and there's no telling if the enlarged ureter was related at all to the skin tag on her ear. But she's suffered no ill effects--the skin tag was easily and painlessly removed and she's fine today. :)

Brooke said...

Awww! I LOVE those pics, you did a great job!