Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend over :(

Well, the weekend has come and gone and tomorrow starts a new week (I guess today technically starts a new week). We had a nice and quiet weekend. Strike that - nice, but not quiet. Kat and Brody have been busting at the seams with energy and have been louder than usual. We took them to the church nursery Saturday night and were tempted to not pick them up again until Sunday morning. And this morning I got the bright idea to pick up donuts for everyone for breakfast. At around 10:30 when Kat and Brody were screaming at the top of their lungs and running up and down the stairs did I realize what a big mistake that was. We're talking monumental sugar rush. Tonight we took them to the park to let them burn off some more energy and that seemed to do the trick. We have been so fortunate to have some great weather lately, it's hard to believe it's the middle of June and we are still playing outside. Granted it's 6:30 at night and in the shade, but still it's nice.
I'll take it.




5 comments:

Cass said...

I'm with you on the weather. What did we do to deserve this? Should be 100 by Thursday, though, and then it's back to normal. I bet we shoot up to the 110's right away and stay there! Penance for all this coolness in June.

jennbecc said...

Great pictures! Glad you had a nice weekend and have been enjoying some good weather. Next time just keep all the Krispy Kremes for yourself! ;)

Jennifer said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!!!!

Jim and Cindy said...

Those faces!

Jill said...

Donut cravings, huh? lol I get those sometimes too. I'm glad you can be outside some! I love the pictures - as usual. :)