Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Having Fun

I have a love/hate relationship with Greg's days off. I LOVE that he's home, but hate it because that usually means it's a furlough day and he's not getting paid. But then I'm grateful he has a job at all so I try not to dwell on it too much. So we took advantage of his day off and took Kat & Brody to Desert Ridge to play in the splash pad. Before we went though we had to prepare ourselves. That meant packing up the house like we were leaving on a 3 day vacation. I packed my diaper bag full of things I thought we'd need. Swim diapers - check. Sun screen - check. Back up clothes, extra diapers, sippy cups, towels, snack traps, hats - check check check check check! I wanted to be prepared. However, we got there only to discover they really didn't like the splash pad, so we didn't even need half the things I packed. I thought they'd warm up to it, but no. They wanted nothing to do with it. They still had fun running around. And they got to play with their friend Connor too. So it was a nice morning out regardless.

One of only a handful of times they would approach the water. I think they would have played in it more if the bigger kids weren't running around. That may have intimidated them.


Brody cautiously watching the kids play in the splash pad. I think he was most content here... and walking around with dad.

And later in that afternoon Greg & I got to have a movie date! Our awesome neighbors watched Kat & Brody for us so that we could get out of the house, maybe one last time before we are a family of five. So a busy and fun day all around!

7 comments:

Cass said...

Those darned big kids can get really rowdy at the splashpad. I hope eventually you can go on a day when there are fewer big rowdy kids! What movie did you and Greg get to see?

Erin said...

You have the CUTEST kids. Hands down. Can't wait to see how amazing and adorable #3 is!!

Jennifer said...

looks like a fun place. We have a couple of splash pads around here, but we haven't ventured out to them yet. Kat looks like a little surfer girl in her outfit!
They are too cute!

Connor's Blog said...

Girl, that was fun. Connor had a good time. He loved it. Yeah, we'll have to grab some lunch next time. That would be fun. I bet if there weren't a bunch of big kids there running around so fast, Kat & Brody would have been in that water. Brody was in the water a little. He was curious about it. I was afraid those bigger kids were going to mow little Connor over.

Jill said...

I'm jealous you have such neat places to take the kids! We haven't anything like that here. :( How cool that soon you'll be packing even MORE things when you're 5 a family of 5 Polling's. lol

Carry said...

I love Kat's outfit too. And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has been known to pack a lot of stuff.

jennbecc said...

Z&J have never been to a splash pad but we have one at one of our parks. I should check it out and see how they do. Hopefully next time K&B will have a better time! At least they looked cute! :)