Monday, May 4, 2009

Elmo's Thumb

So I'm a little late in posting this, but Kat & Brody had a great time at Sesame Street Live! They wore a look of shock and awe on their face for about the first half of the show and after intermission they got into it and wanted to dance and stand up and watch. Greg had a class that night and couldn't go, so my very wonderful friend Becky stepped up and came with me to help out. She was so much help, I couldn't have done it without her. I did it sans stroller which I pretty much do now these days since they weigh too much to push that heavy double stroller being 7 months pregnant. But they were great and very well behaved, I think they were just in awe of their surroundings. I didn't get too many pictures because it was so dark in there and I just brought my point and shoot camera.


And here are just some pictures I took of them yesterday. I'm trying to practice taking indoor pictures with natural light as it is starting to get to be too hot outdoors and also I'd love to get some practice in before the baby comes so that I can take some newborn pictures of him/her. They didn't come out the way I wanted (the lighting and color - so the technical part of it, I do love the cuddling picture of them together, it makes me smile) so I'm going to try again next weekend. I wish I knew a newborn I could practice on, but I guess mine will be here soon enough :).


8 comments:

The Hayes Family said...

If you don't frame that b/w I'm going to do it for you! That is absolutely precious!!!! BTW..you need to post belly pics soon!

stephanie said...

wow. i think those indoor pics are fantastic!

Jim and Cindy said...

Do you want to borrow Owen??? Really...he's yours and you can just give him back when he is sleeping through the night!

Brooke said...

Glad you had a great time! Sounds like fun. That last pic is awesome!

Jennifer said...

joanna, i am with ashley, you need to frame that b&w of them together! so sweet!!!!! i think they turned out great. glad you had fun with elmo!

Jill said...

I'm glad you had a nice time! Your pictures are really nice! IS that in your house? I didn't know you had wood flooring?

Carry said...

Oh, brother and sister love - so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

I do not even know you but I just wanted to say that the pic of your son and daughter is just precious. So sweet and precious. I have a son and daughter and I wish I had a pic like that. True sister and brotherly love.