Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shamrock Photo Contest


A couple of weeks ago I received an email that Shamrock Farms was having a photo contest. First prize winner gets 8 VIP tickets to Elmo's Green thumb and one year supply of milk (1/2 gal a week). When I saw that I thought for sure I wanted to enter the contest. We go through about 3 gallons of milk a week. Plus, even if you don't win you get a free coupon for a 1/2 gallon of the Essential milk so that alone is worth it. So I pondered and thought of what I could do creatively with milk. I envisioned this whole photoshoot I would do outdoors with great product placement. Then I forgot about it. Then I saw a coupon for 65 cents off and remembered again. I went back and read the rules and saw that the contest ends April 10th (Tomorrow!). So I dragged my big ol' pregnant self to the store yesterday to buy the ridiculously expensive milk (almost $3 for just 1/2 gal) and took whatever picture I could get from them. I wish I thought it through a little more because it would have been a great opportunity to be creative, practice photography, and win something at the same time. But I took what I could. The above photo is what I entered. Below are pictures I tried to get of Brody. He was clearly not into it, he kept pushing the milk bottle away from him. Not a selling point for Shamrock. And then anytime Kat so much as breathed loudly he would turn to her and yell "No Kat GO!" in his scary voice. Let's just say he doesn't wake up the happiest of campers.


on a side note, they had just woken from their nap and it wasn't morning time. I don't normally feed Brody Vanilla wafers for breakfast :).

2 comments:

The Hayes Family said...

I think that just might be the most perfect picture ever! I love how the cheerios are stacked on her spoon, there's one lying beside her bowl, and her hair is a tangled mess. It's almost as if you propped each and every aspect of the whole shoot! I love it! Good luck...I hope you win!!

By the way, looks like Brody was pulling the carton to him, not pushing it away. So cute!

Jill said...

I really like that picture of Kat! It looks so cute with her hair all bedhead and her mouth open for the cereal! Did you send that one in? Nice work!