A quick review in pictures. It was a warm day today, I think around 93 degrees. So other than going to Costco in the morning, we didn't venture out of the house too much. Tomorrow is suppose to be cooler thankfully. So today for the umpthteen time we watched Toy Story. This is a favorite of Brody's, he is in love with Buzz Lightyear. If anyone out there has an old Buzz Lightyear toy (or Woody) that their kids don't play with anymore, I'd love to buy it. I looked into ordering one for him but they aren't that cheap. Anyway, we watched a movie and then colored a little. On paper, and on skin. Luckily it was all washable markers. For Easter I bought Kat & Brody Color Wonder markers, so that will make life a little easier.

Kat went to town with the markers. I had to eventually stop her or else she'd be covered from head to toe in blue, purple and red marks. It was a good look on her.

Brody was a little more civilized with the markers and only managed to get his chin. And that was by accident. Notice it is a brown mark. Kat hoards all the markers and when I tell her she needs to share with Brody she picks out the ugliest colors to give him - like brown & black. She keeps all the vibrant colors to herself.

After dinner when the sun was setting we went outside to play. The newest thing is to search for bugs and then hover over them and feed them rocks.

Half the time the 'bug' is really just a piece of dirt. But I let them believe it's a bug and just tell them to not touch it. That's when they usually squish it with the rock.

Then a run through the sprinkers. Which was nice to wash off all the skin art that Kat applied earlier. They are really going to love doing this when the weather is a lot warmer. I have two baby pools ready to break out soon.

Brody was cautious at first, but then had a blast running through the sprinkers.

We ended the day with a bath, PJ's and milk. The best part of the night. Bedtime can not come sooner some days :).
5 comments:
I know you've her this before, but Kat does resemble the tattoo queen...Kat Von D. Are you guys coming any further along with baby names?
Love Kat all tatted up! *L* And Brody looks tough with that one chin swipe. Zack is the same way with hording all the colors. If we say he has to share most likely he'll just hand Jake a cap or tear some paper of one of the crayons. *L* Great pictures and the bug stuff is hilarious! Feeding bugs rocks and then smashing them with the rocks! LOL!!!
Sounds like a fun day! By the way...I just bought Buzz Lightyear from Ebay. I found someone who had a buy it now price of $9.99!! You should check it out. The boys were stoked to get them!!!!
You know, Brody's chin mark is somewhat similar to Buzz Lightyear's swirl on his chin. Wonder if that's what he was going for! :)
I really liked this post (well I like them all). What a neat idea to do a day in pictures sometimes. I can't believe you are at 93 degrees already! Thats nuts! Kat did look like she had tattoos. lol Does she say anything about Greg's tattoos? Celia always points at mine and says 'tattoo mommy'.
That picture of Brody with the brown marker makes him look like Greg a lot to me. We need to try Toy Story soon!
Oh boy! How funny with the markers. Love the sprinkler pics too, fun!
Post a Comment