Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New toys are good for mom's sanity

This week has been great. With all the new toys in the house from Christmas there has been minimal whining, fussing, hanging on my leg, wanting to be held, cranky toddlers. They have been so distracted with their new stuff that they have been entertaining themselves. I love it. Here are some pictures of them playing with their new toys, sitting at their new table, and creating art with their new crayons (washable!). I even held back quite a few toys and put them away for later. So when the novelty of their current toys wears off, I will rotate and bring out the new ones. They were really spoiled by their aunts and grandparents this year - thank you! All their new toys are an even bigger gift to me :).






And I also got a few good new toys this year as well. Mine came in the gift of projects. I like to have a project going at all times to make me feel like I'm getting something done (even if it's only in my head and I'm just dreaming up a new project). I enjoy that sense of accomplishment when I finish a project. So this Christmas I got a few project gifts. First, I got some beautiful glass tiles to tile our kitchen back splash with. It's something I have been wanting to do for a long time now. Second, I (okay "we" but Greg isn't nearly as thrilled about it as I am, probably because he will have to do all the shoveling) also got rock to landscape our backyard with. And lastly, a gift certificate to my favorite mosaic store to get more glass for another mirror project I have conceptualizing in my head. So this should keep me plenty busy for awhile now. Good thing Kat & Brody have so many new gifts to entertain themselves while I'm working :).

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Cute pics! I love the one of Brody playing with the train. We are thinking of getting a train set/table next year.
Great gifts for Mom too! :)

Anonymous said...

Joanna, I would love to know where you got the train set--I want to get Madd one too for his b-day-can you pm me?

I am loving the new toys too! The kids look like they are having all kinds of fun...and it sounds like you have some nice projects ahead of you.

Shelly

Jennifer said...

Cute pics Joanna! I love that table! Is it from Ikea? We don't have one here, but I wish we did. It looks like the one that they have at Sprout and I know its Ikea. Aren't all the new toys great? The boys have been so happy this week!

Nicki said...

Joanna,
I always love taking a peak to see what new pictures you have posted on your blog of the kids. I love the photo quality. Please tell me what camera you have...Congrats on the new baby!
Thanks!

Jill said...

I love the pictures of them absorbed in their new toys! What kind of train set does Brody have? I'm so glad we have the train table and train set too. Its so nice to not have to take it apart and put it together all the time.

jennbecc said...

Target train table and train set right? It looks just like ours and funny that we have the same PJ's that Brody is wearing. *L* Jake just wore them yesterday. :) Congrats on your new projects! I can't wait to see!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

The train table looks awesome. And I think it's great that you were able to get some fun gifts that you can look forward to using. I'll see you Wednesday!