Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voted today.

And what a relief that was! Greg & I didn't request early mail-in ballots and were so afraid that we'd both be in five hour lines or more. But it wasn't anything like that, there were probably 6 people in front of me and I was in and out in 10 minutes. It was great. Now we just nervously watch the news all day today. Yesterday I got a phone call that made me laugh and can only happen at election time. When the phone rang I didn't recognize the caller ID but I answered it anyway since it was our area code. I had to say hello a couple of times before the man on the other end said "is this the republican party?" umm, no was my only reply, so then he asked "is this the polling place?" Now I wanted to say yes because technically it is, but I knew the answer was "I think you have the wrong number". I don't think it was a crank call because the man sounded older and confused on the other end. He must have looked up Polling in the yellow pages and got our number. It gave me a good chuckle, I sure hope the guy found his polling site.

A video of Kat & Brody playing in our lovely backyard this weekend. We still need to get rock so in the meantime they play in dirt and come in filthy afterwards. But they seem to love it.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad it went so easy for you!!!!
The video isn't working though :(

Now we just wait!!!!! Anxiously!

Jennifer said...

Ok, got the video now...too cute!!!! Love the giggles!!!

Jill said...

That is hilarious about the guy calling you! lol What a great story.
Were they playing or arguing in the video - or a fine line between both?

jennbecc said...

That's so funny about the guy calling...LOL! And the video was great too....I was busting up trying to figure out if they were fighting or playing...*L* Brody looked like he was going to bite Kat's head@ *L*

Katie said...

Now THAT is funny-- the call, that is. I'm cracking up!!! ;)

Cass said...

Now THAT is funny! Polling vs. polling... tee hee! And love the video.