Monday, November 10, 2008

Polling Family Movie Night


Last night was our first family movie night. The movie of choice, Finding Nemo. I actually wanted to watch Madagascar because anytime the preview comes on TV for Madagascar 2, both Kat & Brody stop in their tracks and watch. But we didn't have Madagascar, so Finding Nemo it was! We popped Kettle corn and got all cozy on the couch. Well, except for Brody. His PJ's were in the dryer still so he didn't get to be completely cozy like Kat. First of all, they watched the movie really well. But that may have been because of the popcorn. It was their first time having popcorn and they chowed down like there was no tomorrow. Brody more than Kat. We observed that Brody is really polite when he eats popcorn too, one piece at a time. Like Greg. Kat, on the other hand takes two fistfuls and tries to jam both in her mouth. Like me. We didn't make it all the way through the movie because it was getting late and I wanted them to wind down before bedtime. I think we'll do this more often, it was nice to sit together as a family and watch a movie.

And today we walked to this little park right near our house. I can see it from the front door, but we have never gone there because I figured it was too big for them to play on. We went with my friend Becky and her son Caleb. The kids played great and it wasn't too big for them. So we'll go there more often now that we know and now that the weather is GREAT!




5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Movie night sounds like fun!!!! And so does that park! Hey, remember just a few days ago you were saying that you didn't think K&B looked like twins...well, that pic of Brody with his hat on, he and Kat look ALOT alike!!!! I could really see it in that picture!

Connor's Blog said...

I love Greg's facial expressions! That's a cute one of him and the kids on the couch, eating popcorn. That popcorn looks real good.

Brooke said...

Sounds like a fun night, we do this with Braeden, but I never thought about doing it with the babies, I suppose they are getting close to 2. Madagascar was Braeden's 2nd movie (Heffalump was the 1st) and it was a pretty good one for about the first hour and then once they get to the island it really slows down and he got bored.

Sounds like a great pic!

jennbecc said...

Movie night! How fun! Love the picture of them sharing the popcorn. I'm like you and Kat though...can't shovel it in fast enough! Love the video of Kat's little spill. She's a tough cookie! :)

Jill said...

I've been thinking about how movie night (or movie 20 minutes) would be fun now! I've never let them have popcorn before but I think they would love it!
Kat really flew off that slide! lol