Today we decorated our Christmas tree. At first we were going to decorate it after the kids went to bed, when we can actually get stuff done. But then changed our minds and decided to let them help. Kat really didn't care too much for it, so mainly it was just Brody doing the decorating. I should say that Kat was interested in the tree, but only after all the ornaments were on so that she could take them off. I don't know how Brody knew to decorate the tree, but he went straight for it. I didn't even show him what to do, he already knew. He was really intent on it too, he had his tongue sticking out and was concentrating really hard. That's a kid after his mom's heart. We take Christmas seriously around here :). So far the tree has been up for almost 24 hours now and we have two broken ornaments. I mis-judged the height of Brody and he got a few glass ornaments. Luckily one was just a Phoenix Suns ornament and the other a Disney. I have a feeling every night after they are in bed I will be redecorating the tree. Should be a fun month!
1 year ago

8 comments:
How sweet that Brody was decorating the tree! Thats a sweet picture of him! I can't believe you have 2 broken ornaments already, that makes me anxious to put my tree up!!! Hopefully we can do that tonight or tomorrow though!!!!!!
How cute it Brody!?! Brian and I spent the weekend laminating paper ornaments. *L* I'll be sure to post pictures once we get the tree up...probably after we get back from DL. Oh....and my heart sank when I saw that one of your Disney ornaments broke....*sigh*
What a neat video of him. :) Love that placement, like you said.
I love the picture of him by the tree. Looks like a neat christmas picture to put up every year. I want to see if I can get a picture of mine by the tree.
Aw, that's so sweet! We also had two broken ornaments, within TEN MINUTES of beginning to decorate the tree. I need to find some of those small, plush, baby-friendly ornaments, I think. And also buy some crazy glue to reattach Darth's light saber and Anthony Wiggle's head.
Okay, that is one of the cutest things I think I've ever seen! Love the video of Brody decorating the tree.
That is so cute that he knew just what to do. So how are the bulbs coming along> They wouldn't leave ours alone so I opted for just the lights and will decorate with cards like someone else suggested.
How cute! What a fun idea. Perhaps I will do the same NEXT year:) LOL Your tree is beautiful!! I love white lights but every year I am out voted:(
oh dear, I almost cried at that picture and video. He looks soooo sweet. What a great memory!
shelly
Post a Comment