Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pre-Halloween festivities


Today we loaded our chicken and our ladybug in the van and had a pre-halloween party at Grammy & PopPop's. They like to see all the grand kids dressed up in their costumes but can't make it to all three houses on Halloween night. So we generally go over before Halloween and have a fun get together. Greg and I noticed how much lighter we pack lately. In the past we would have had to pack our space saver high chairs (two of them), food for Kat & Brody, bottles, bibs, and various toys. Today we packed Kat & Brody, two sippy cups, a couple of diapers and we were off. They can sit at the kid table and eat the food everyone else is eating. It's so much nicer when you don't have to pack half your house everywhere you go. We attempted a group shot with all the kids today as well. Cookies were used to bribe the little ones to sit, and as you can see we got a split second before Brody lost it.


And here is last year. Reghan was the chicken and passed her costume down to Brody. This year she is JoJo from JoJo's Circus (JoJo is also the nickname they call me). I'm not so sure how Brody will look in a girl costume so I may have to hit Target the day after Halloween and get him a good costume for next year.


Here is miss kitty cat Riley and Reghan being a shy JoJo.


The three older cousins; Ashley the fairy, Riley the cat & Deven the astronaut. Deven just lost his first tooth!


Next week we are attempting Boo at The Zoo and have a Halloween Party to go to as well. And that marks the last week of October and November is right around the corner. It seems like it's going so fast. I'm not sure I'm ready to think about Thanksgiving yet. However, I am excited for it. That is my favorite holiday of the year. Maybe the weather will cool down and we could start wearing pants and socks with our shoes. I can't wait!

10 comments:

jennbecc said...

What cuties! Glad you got that picture before Brody lost it. *L* Love the little striped socks on Kat. Too cute! Good idea about picking up a costume for next year right after Halloween...that will save a bunch! Someone asked me if I was always going to force Z&J to be Disney characters and I said no...when they tell me what they want to be then they can pick. I wonder if they'll be able to tell me next year....?? I guess so... right?? *L* Sounds like you guys had a great time! :)

Jim and Cindy said...

How CUTE...all of them!!!

Jennifer said...

How sweet are those pics!!! Thats great that you all get together at the same time for the grandparents!!! They are all just adorable!
The pic with Brody melting reminds me so much of Ethan! They have very similar pouty faces!!!

Katie said...

This is so cute and what a great idea for the grandparents! They look adorable in their costumes and it's amazing to see how much they've grown since last Halloween! I need to get on the ball and hit those big post-Halloween sales, too!! ;)

Peggy said...

Oh they are ALL PRECIOUS!!!
I just want to hold Brody in the pic where he is crying. LOL

Brooke said...

Awww! I love them. Kat is the perfect little lady bug and Brody is so cute as a chicken. I love Jojo too! Looks like a fun time with the grandparents.

Kristen said...

Kat is such a beautiful ladybug!!! I love Brody's little belly sticking out too *lol. Maybe with a different clown hat he can be a clown, just not Jo Jo! I can't believe Oct. is almost over. Where the heck did it go!!!!!

Jill said...

Those are sweet kids and adorable costumes! Its neat to compare to last year! I can't believe november is around the corner either! The time is going so fast. You like thanksgiving more than christmas? I thought x-mas was your favorite?

"Intentionally Katie" said...

What a great idea to meet up before Halloween! We drove to both grandparents' houses for the first 2 Halloweens with Ryan, then we actually wanted to take him door to door instead of driving him all over town...go figure.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous…. !! Kids are looking fabulous.