Thursday, October 2, 2008

Needs a good home


Boris has been a part of our family for many years now, but we are starting to think he needs a new home. We haven't been able to play out back with the kids because our plan to keep him contained at the side of the yard while we are playing hasn't been working. He can break free and when he does he makes a beeline right for Kat & Brody. He wouldn't hurt them intentionally, but he weighs more than I could even lift and would knock them right over. Plus, he just needs more freedom and yard to roam around. He is the greatest pet to have if you don't have kids or dogs and you have a big yard. So we will begin our search soon and try to find a great place for him (or her, we still aren't sure -ha ha).

6 comments:

jennbecc said...

I think you just wanted to take pictures of him/her with your new camera. *L* Ahhh....poor Boris. I'm sure you'll miss him terribly and he'll miss you guys but would enjoy a huge backyard with lots of freedom! Good luck on your search!

Jennifer said...

ah, a Boris sighting!!!!!!
I bet its tough to play with him/her and I know you will miss Boris! We'll miss our Boris sightings on here too!!!

The Hayes Family said...

Awww...Boris! I'm sure it's going to be hard to give him somewhere new to live, but you can't endanger your kids! Good luck, I hope you find a happy home for him!

Peggy said...

Aww. If we lived close, I bet my husband would want to take him. He has allergies so we can't have a pet with fur. But then, we would have the same problem in worrying about the kids. I hope you find a good home for Boris!

Jill said...

I can imagine seeing a large tortoise coming after a little toddler is a little nervewracking. lol They can move pretty fast for a tortoise when they want too, right?
Would he go to the Zoo?

Jim and Cindy said...

Tell the McClellans! Maybe their turtle would like a big brother...