Today has been a very fun and long day. First, Greg took the day off so that alone made it a great day. I love it when he has days off. We started Halloween off by taking Kat and Brody to Target dressed up in their costumes. Sally, our favorite cashier, was working today and we thought we'd surprise her with a visit from our little lady bug and chicken. She loved it and Kat even got a lollipop (they had baskets of candy at all the registers).
We picked up a pumpkin while we were at Target today. They were on sale and this sucker was nice and big and gave us a lot of pumpkin seeds. Which Greg toasted tonight. He has the best recipe for toasted pumpkin seeds. Brody has been enthralled with the pumpkin. He wants to kiss it, take the top off it, and point out the eyes and nose. He sat at the island and watched Greg carve the pumpkin. Kat wasn't too interested in it until we put it on the floor and she gave it a lick.
We decided to walk them and not pull them in the wagon. So off we went! But we had reinforcement come and help us - grammy & pop pop. It was good that they were there because these two were wild and tried to run off quite a few times. They were like free birds. But we managed to coral them with tootsie pops. It was pretty funny going up to people and getting candy because they were hesitant to take the candy, and once they did they would look at it and try to give it back. I think we made it home with an Almond Joy Bar and a Baby Ruth - according to Greg the two worst candy bars on earth. Afterward we went to our neighborhood block party where they ran around even more and watched Shrek that was projected onto some one's garage door.
We finally made it home around 8:15 and had to wind them down. They were so wired and on such a sugar high that they didn't fall asleep until close to 9:00. This is how Kat looked in her sugar-induced coma.
All in all, it was a good Halloween. Although, I'm looking forward to next year when it will only require one parent to take them and the other (me) to stay home and pass out candy. But it was still a fun night.Happy halloween!

8 comments:
We didn't do a pumpkin...maybe next year. Wow, they didn't go to bed until late! I never really notice sugar making a difference with Z&J...they went to bed at 7:30 like normal tonight even after frosted cookies and some candy. Love that sugar coma picture of Kat! That's hilarious!! Glad you had a fun Halloween. Next year will be easier and funner I'm sure!
Looks like y'all had a great night! What a good idea to project Shrek on the garage door!! Love the picture of Kat in her sugar daze. Looks like they had a great night!
Cute costumes! That pumpkin looks cool. I want Greg's recipe for toasted pumpkin seeds.
That picture of Kat at the end had me laughing! How hilarious!!! Sounds like a great trick or treat night.
I actually am starting to like Baby Ruth, but I see what Greg's saying. lol
Great pictures!
Brody wore the costume the whole time at Target? Good boy! Your photos are great. Glad you had a family day of it.
OK- I can't stop laughing at that last pic of Kat. I love sugar induced comas- they are the best :) Great stuff.
What great pics Joanna! I love the pumpkin pics!!!!!!! And the pic of Kat in her sugar coma is just priceless!!!!!
Oh my, that pic of Kat is priceless!!! *lol. I got a chuckle out of you visiting your fav. cashier at Target. That's Joanna alright!! Almond Joy is my favorite candybar!
Post a Comment