Busted! Our baby gates aren't doing much for us lately. Here's Kat trying to climb over the office gate. We pretty much keep the gate at the stairs down all the time now since they can take it down themselves. They go upstairs at their own will, I just make sure to keep all the bathroom and bedroom doors shut and let them play in the loft. But they don't go up too often without me, they seem to congregate wherever I am in the house.
Playing with bubbles. I got this idea from my friend Jill. They really liked this and didn't want to get down when it was time for dinner. Now they point to the sink and say bubbles. They want to play in it all the time. The bonus is I get a really clean sink afterwards :).
The Story of Easter. Brody has never been into books, but lately he has been bringing me books to read and today I caught him sitting on the couch looking at a book. I'm happy that he's starting to get into books more, but this really bothers Kat. When she sees me reading to him she has a little mini fit. I think she just doesn't want him touching the {her} books. And they both won't sit on my lap and let me read to them at the same time. So we go back and forth on who's turn it is.
Tomorrow we are going trick or treating and I'll post pictures from that. We haven't decided yet if we'll let them walk up to the doors or if Greg will just wheel them around in the wagon while I hand out candy. Either way it should be fun!

4 comments:
I was just saying today that I hate our tension gates. We have wall mount swinging gates at the top and the bottom of the stairs but I use a tension one in the kitchen (when the oven is on) because we didn't want to screw into the wood. Well it's looking like I either need to forget the gate or get a wall mount one because both boys hang on it and end up ripping it down and then fall and land with the gate on top of them. UGH! We havent actually made it over the top of a gate yet...thank goodness.
That bubble idea looks fun. I might try that.
Weird that Brody all of a sudden likes books because Jake is becoming the same way. He's been bringing me books a lot this week and I find him looking at them himself very intently.
Still can't find our girls missing shoes. I even looked under the couch. They must be in the flower bed or somewhere outside. Plus, I have a pair of shoes to loan you for Kat. Have a great day tomorrow with the family.
what is the gate blocking off? An office? Brody looks so sweet sucking on his paci and reading. lol What a cutie. Hoepfully they can learn to share and read together with you!
Wow, another way Chase and Brody are sooo alike!! I caught Chase a few days ago sitting and reading a book and I was FLOORED! I grabbed the camera immediately. All of a sudden he likes them. But no, they won't both sit for a story from me either. I still have those dreams of the rocking chair and two quiet and still babies on my lap while I read away... oh maybe one day soon!!
Post a Comment