Tuesday, October 7, 2008

File closed


On Monday and Tuesday we met with Brody's physical therapist and coordinator to do an evaluation since the last time he has been seen was three months ago when we stopped his physical therapy. On Monday the coordinator came to our house and asked a few questions and observed Brody. She said she was so impressed with how well he was doing that we could go ahead and close out his file because she didn't see any need to keep in the program any longer. Then today we went to see Patti, our physical therapist, and she said the same thing. She was very happy with how far Brody has come. In fact, she said that he was operating at a 23 month old level. That is the first time he's ever been ahead. In the past he has been about 5 months behind. So you can imagine I was very happy and proud :). Our file is always available to open back up again (until he is 6), but hopefully we won't need to do that. It's feels good to graduate!

This afternoon I put Kat & Brody back in their Halloween costumes hoping I could get a decent picture of the two of them. I know when Halloween rolls around that the chances will be very slim on that day. But as you can see, I did not have much luck. Brody might just go as a baby for Halloween since he hated his costume so much :).





7 comments:

jennbecc said...

Yeah Brody! What great news and ahead now...even better!! :)
Love the pictures....especially little Kat flying around like a real ladybug. She's so funny! Just like Jake...busy, busy, busy! I need to get our costumes out again for another test run...sheesh. *L*

Jennifer said...

Thats awesome news about Brody! I am so glad to hear that!!!!!
And I agree with Jenny, I love the pic of Kat flying like a lady bug....she is the cutest lady bug ever!!!! Hopefully you'll get Brody to wear his!!!! I ordered Bob and Larry costumes last night, I hope the boys will wear them!!!

Brooke said...

Good news on Brody!

As for the Halloween costumes, Liam hated his, Braeden hated it at one too. I love the pic of Brody with Kat a big blur in the background, so cute!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Kat looks SO cute in her costume. Where did you get it? We'll see you in a little bit.

Jill said...

Thats so awesome that she put him at a 23 month level! Thats really cool. HE needs a little cap and gown . . . or maybe a little treat. :)
I really like Kat's costume. I haven't tried Nicholas' yet (still need to get Celia's). He will probably hate it.

Anonymous said...

oh Joanna, I miss Kat and Brody. I am so sorry for not checking in more often. That aside, CONGRATS Brody!! He is Lucas' inspiration (who still is not walking).

as for the halloween pictures, I really like the second one of Kat. I think she looks like a Rodin ladybug
Shelly

Kristen said...

Wooohoooo Brody!!! How great is that! I hope you and Greg had a great little celebration to toast Brody's success. That is an adorable ladybug costume, I love the leggings!! Kat flapping her wings is just too cute!