Sunday, October 5, 2008

20 months & runny diapers

In my excitement of getting a new camera I completely forgot that Kat & Brody turned 20 months on October 1st. I can't believe they are 4 months away from being two. I think after the two year mark I will start to lose track of how many "months" old they are. I remember when they were 10 weeks old and I wanted so badly for the next two weeks to come so that I could say they were 3 months old. Something about that three month mark :). Now here they are at 20 months - it goes so fast.

Kat had some sort of bug this weekend and diaper changes were not fun. She seems to be doing better now, but now we are battling a pretty bad diaper rash. Because of that we didn't take them out much this weekend, except out to eat for dinner one night. They did really well and I was just in awe of how grown up they are acting lately. At one point in the night Brody put his elbow on the table and leaned his face on his fist, as if he was really bored or something. They also walked in and out of the restaurant like big kids.

I'm having a lot of fun with my camera and taking pictures of everything. 90% of them are one big blurry mess but some of them I like, like these two below. I took some pictures of my nieces today that I hope turn out good (I haven't looked at them). They can stop on command and are easier to practice on. It's been a fun investment for me so far.


7 comments:

jennbecc said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you're really getting the hang of the new camera! :)

Jennifer said...

Cute pics Joanna!!!! I love how serious Kat is and Brody smile made me smile!!!!
Looks like you are getting the hang of it quick!!

Jill said...

You're doing really well Joanna! Must be your graphic designer background since there seem to be a good number of graphic designer/Photographers out there? Thats so neat that they ate so nice at the restaurant!

Kristen said...

Wow, I haven't been here in a week and I could automatically tell NEW camera!! Well, actually my first thought was, wow who'd she get to take those 1st two pictures? Then I thought, oh new camera! *lol. Those pics are so cute. They capture their personalities! Kat is starting to look a little different to me lately. Getting more mature looking I think.

Erin said...

The pictures are amazing. I'm assuming you used Photoshop to make them B&W?? I find that anything I have to turn my photos B&W fails my expectations. Oh to be a really talented graphic designer...

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Love them both. Great job!! Taking pictures in my house is a nightmare

Shelly
happy 20th month bday!

Katie said...

Ok, what's with all of you MoM bloggers taking incredible photos? I am so jealous since mine aren't so great. Of course, I haven't even opened the book that Jill recommended. I've been too busy making wedding invitations lately (business is picking up)! In my next life, I guess I'll take some good photos...