Sunday, October 12, 2008

10.12.08


I know, it's a boring post title. I was going to label it "a task-filled weekend" because this was a weekend that we got a lot of stuff done. But now that Sunday evening has rolled around it seems like there is still a lot to do before the new week begins. I did, however, manage to complete a few projects that I have been working on. I finished a mosaic mirror, completed some design projects, practice with my camera, cleaned, folded & ironed all the laundry, and even took the time to enjoy the weekend. We had Greg's family over on Saturday to celebrate Greg & Cathy's birthdays. That was good fun and nice for Kat & Brody to burn some energy playing with their cousin Laila :).


We also took Kat & Brody to the park today. We decided to go up the street to Vistancia and check out their park. It was so pretty up there and such a nice path that we are going to go again. I took my camera to practice some more and I think I am getting quite obsessed with it. I love that camera and want to take pictures of everybody. Kat & Brody are good practice since they are not still very often and I have to think on the fly since I'm using manual mode.






We also wore long sleeves this weekend! I say we as in me, Kat & Brody. Greg never gets cold. The weather got down to mid 70's and that was good enough for me to break out the long sleeves and pants. Socks too! Forecast is saying 94 by Friday again, but I think (hope) that's the end of it. It was so beautiful this weekend, I love that we will be having more days like this soon.

8 comments:

Jill said...

mid-70's and long sleeves? lol It was mid-70's today and we brought out the shorts and tank tops! lol How funny!
Well, you are supposed to be back to the 90's at the end of the week and we are going down into the 50's.
I really like that first picture of Kat in B/W. Its interesting. :) You're going to be a pro with that camera. Looks like your getting your money's worth- and maybe playing with some actions??? :)
Way to go getting all those jobs done. Makes for a definite feeling of accomplishment.

Rachael Schepemaker said...

The photos great! Next time you come up here, give me a holler. Also, you and Greg will definitely want to take the kids to the farm we went to today. It was so much fun!

Brooke said...

Mid-70's for once in MI it was warmer than you. We rolled out the summer clothes again, it was 79 degrees yesterday.

I love your pics, they are great, sounds like you are getting alot done at home too!

Jennifer said...

How funny! The long sleeves were the first thing I noticed! I can't believe you had on long sleeve in the 70s!!! Too funny!
Love all the pics!!! You are getting good!!!!!!!

jennbecc said...

Great pictures and love to see K&B in long sleeves and pants! Cute little flare jeans that Kat has on! :) I really like the picture of Greg and his Mom....really sweet.

Anonymous said...

geez, I LOVE your photos!! The coloring effects are great, but I love, love the shots themselves. I'm always trying to get the kids to pose and I need to do a better job of "in action" shots.

Kristen said...

Oh you make me miss S Florida so much!!! I remember many Christmas's in shorts and when it "dipped" below 78 everyone would break out their sweaters *lol. I just love those pics of Kat. She looks like a hip little catalog girl. That camera is the bomb!!

Peggy said...

LOL! I have been dressing B & F in pants and long sleeves too - in the 70s. I mean - it's FALL! Time to pull out the sweaters, right?
Your pictures look GREAT! I know you are loving that camera!