Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The 1:00 AM wake up

Last night we had a party at 1:00 am. It started with Kat and quickly spread to Brody. At first we thought we'd let them cry themselves back to sleep, but it was just getting louder and louder. So we brought them into our beds with us, our first mistake. They were instantly awake and in play mode. I think they thought it was time to get up for the day. Greg started laughing hysterically at one point, I think from sleep deprivation. Actually, he was laughing at Brody's new thing. Which is to point at something and repeat what it is over and over and over again. Last night at 1:00 am it was the phone. He said phone so many times we lost count. We eventually got them back into their rooms and just started our whole bedtime routine over again. Which is to read, rock and sing before bed. It worked because they went back to sleep and slept till 8:00 this morning. Here's hoping tonight goes better!

And here is a quick video of Kat & Brody eating their snacks. I love the way Brody eats, sort of like a chipmunk. He bites off food with his front teeth and sort of puffs out his cheeks. I tried to get it on video so I could remember this some day when he is teenage boy and is wolfing down his food :).

7 comments:

jennbecc said...

Sorry they woke up but glad you got them back to sleep and that they slept until 8am! That's great! I wish Z&J would do that! Love the video....it's almost like he's chewing it with his front teeth first. *L* Jake is still having trouble with bites...he just crams as much as he can in there and then gags until I fish it out. I think I'll still be cutting up his food when he's a teenager! Sheesh!

Jennifer said...

Oh Joanna, I hate that they woke up like that. We had one of those nights a couple of weeks ago and Eli did the same thing...was wide awake in our bed and named everything he could see, over and over and over again!!!!!
Love the video..I love how Brody is looking right in the camera! So cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lucas does this on nights when he can't get to sleep. We always make the mistake of bringing him into our room, which is Party Central. He gets so hyper, like he's on crack. I feel your pain though-I wouldn't appreciate it at 1 am.

LOVE the video!! Brody is just so darn cute. He's gonna be one handsome kid.

Shelly

Jill said...

We had a party at 3 or 4 am last week. They were jumping in their cribs yelling "Owie! Owie!" (there were no owies) and giggling. I didn't bring them to bed since it tends to be a party then too. I miss the days when they would cuddle in bed with me :)
Were they eating dried fruit or raisins? Brody does eat cute. And I saw him sign 'please'? He is talking so well. :)

Kristen said...

Cute video of Brody! Chase is a delicate eater like that. Summer, not so much!! We did a 1 am play fest last week and last night just Chase did one. We looked at our blog and he pointed everyone out, then went to bed fine. Who knows, just wanted to say Hi to Mama maybe! I found myself looking for Boris in the background, is he still at home with you?

The Hayes Family said...

I'm happy to hear you had a laugh attack at 1am...makes it much more fun that way!! That video is so cute! Little chipmunk cheeks are adorable!

Peggy said...

CUTE video!!!
We have had a strange "wake up in the middle of the night" phase here. In fact, almost every night someone wakes up! UGH