Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This week we are dog sitting for my dad & Paula, and let me tell you it has been the highlight of Kat & Brody's week. We go over there twice a day and Kat & Brody laugh, giggle, and dance around the two dogs. They are loving it and it makes me wonder if and when we should get a dog. I think Brody would be in heaven if we had a pet (other than a turtle they can't touch). But for right now this will have to do.




I can't believe it's already the middle of September. October isn't even here yet and we already have the month booked. We have Greg's birthday, grandma Polling's birthday, a wedding renewal ceremony for our friends, Race 4 the Cure, Boo at the Zoo, and Halloween. Throw in there a visit to a pumpkin patch, farmer's market, the Children's museum, and any outdoor activity we can find since the weather is so great, and we are booked solid! I love it and am really looking forward to it. If my sister could stay healthy and out of the hospital, it would be the perfect month! I just love fall and everything about it.


Here is a quick video of playing with the dogs today. It was quick because Kat decided to try and eat the dog bone so I had to quickly run over there. Go figure - she won't eat her lunch, but give her a dog bone and she goes to town.

8 comments:

jennbecc said...

Glad that K&B are helping you doggie sit! Thats cute that they like animals so much. Z&J used to chew on Gerdies rawhides so we had to get rid of all of them. Poor Gert...her world sure changed when the boys arrived! So when is Greg's Birthday? And yours too for that matter. I know I missed yours and you told me when it was but I forgot to write it down! I gotta keep track of these things as your stalker right!?! I hope Stephanie stays well far past all the holidays!

Erin said...

SUPER cute!! Don't get a dog- just kidding. That's my own personal hang up :) It's crazy how fast time flies. It will be Christmas before we know it. By the way- if Ian gets a job before Christmas I'd LOVE to have you design a Christmas card- what a splendid idea. Let me know when we can get together since you're a social butterfly :)

Rachael Schepemaker said...

You'll have to tell me about Boo at the Zoo. I think a dog would be great for the kids :-) See you all tomorrow. Erin should join us too!

Brooke said...

Oh! Love it! Brenna LOVES dogs too, she will bark at them. Dogs at the park, the neighbors, etc are about the closest we will get, I am allergic. I know there are hypo-allergenic dogs out there, but its so cold here in the winter and I don't think we want a house dog....(read, mommy don't want a house dog, everyone else in the house probably does)

Kristen said...

Oh they are so sweet with the puppies!! Brody so reminds me of Chase all the time. Chase adores our cat to no end. I've never seen such a tolerant cat either so we got lucky with that, our dog on the other hand is not so kid friendly! I haven't been on ur blog in a few weeks because I've been crazy busy but I swear... Kat has GROWN!!! She looks cute with her hair tucked in her bug costume too. Without the red hair she looks so different.

Peggy said...

Awww! You need to get a dog! :) We can't get a dog or any furry pet because Scott has asthma. Sad because Faith seems to really like dogs. She gets SO excited when she sees one.
Our Oct is filling up fast too. Of course, Nov and Dec will be crazy too! *SIGH* what month of the year can we relax??

The Hayes Family said...

How awesome that they love the doggies!! Yo know what this means, right?! Puppy poop to clean up soon!!!

Jill said...

wow you will be busy this month! Fall is fun though. Good catch on stopping Kat with the dog bone. lol Nicholas tried to eat 2 ladybugs this week.