Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mall Outing


Today we had nothing going on so I thought I would take Kat & Brody to the mall play area to get some energy out. I know, total germ infestation. I was ready with my wet-ones and hand sanitizer. I was a little worried it might be too big for them, but they had a blast. Most of the other kids there were around the same age so I didn't have to worry about big kids running into them. The only problem was that Kat kept trying to make a beeline for the entrance/exit so I had to stand guard and throw her back in every time she tried to make an escape. They played for about 45 min. and then we walked the mall. It was nice, especially since it's so hot outside and not playing weather yet.

They have a fun mirror in the play area. Brody has hobbit feet!

A blurry picture of Brody. Another little boy there had two little hot wheels in his hands and Brody stalked this boy and pointed at the cars and looked at me to give it to him. The other boy noticed Brody longing for his cars and took off and hid a few times. Hot wheels are a pretty hot commodity to a 1 1/2 year old!

And just a couple of pictures from this week:

My little monkey girl!


Our little people blocks. Kat put this together and I had to take a picture because of her color composition. I think she's been reading my graphic design books at night.




A cute video of them playing. I was on the phone with my friend Laura when they started giggle and playing so I had to grab my camera.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hot wheels are huge for Nicholas right now. He LOVES them. He would've been stalking that boy too!
Thats really cool that Kat put those color blocks together. Is it some pattern that graphic designers use?
How cute of them giggling together! Was Brody happier today?

The Hayes Family said...

Love that giggle fest they were having. It's so cute! Hot wheels ARE the thing to have these days. Especially when the other one wants the one you have! HA! I wish our mall was as cool as yours, we've got nothing like that here.

jennbecc said...

DAG! I wish we had a cool mall play area here but we got nothing! I guess wine country isn't very kid friendly!

Peggy said...

Ha! After reading JennBecc's post about her trip and seeing that cool museum, I was thinking I should take the kids to the mall to play in the play area (wondering if they are too small or what?) then I see your post - so that settles it! It was a sign! We are off to the mall. LOL