Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bed head

This morning Kat woke up at 6:30 crying and very upset. This picture isn't from this morning, but it sums up how she and I both felt. They normally wake up around 7:30. I'm thinking maybe her teeth are bothering her since she still doesn't have her incisor (eye, canine, or whatever you want to call them) teeth. Tonight we're going to try some orajel and maybe even some Motrin depending how she's doing. Greg has been working a lot of overtime and this weekend he is pretty much gone all weekend. So we decided to head to Grammy & Pop Pop's this morning to visit and play. They had fun playing with the dogs and with Grammy, while my dad showed me his cool new iPhone. It's so neat, he can watch videos, look at my blog :), and check his email all on his phone. He even has a satellite map and typed in my address and got a picture of our house.

Friday we went to a farmer's market up in Vistancia. It was a small market, but they were selling all kinds of fresh produce. I bought some bananas, red potatoes, oranges, and a honey crisp apple. I've never tried a honey crisp apple before, but the lady was really selling it saying that it was the best tasting apple you'd ever taste. Boy, was she right. It was excellent! I wish I had bought more, but I wasn't sure so I thought I would try one first. We split it three ways, but mainly Brody and I ate it. Kat is pretty picky these days. Next time I will be sure to pick up some more. And next time it will hopefully be a little cooler. When we got back to the car, Kat and Brody's heads were soaked in sweat. I feel like we live on the surface of the sun.

My dad taking a picture of Kat and Grammy with his iPhone.

PopPop showing Brody their blog.

Our last remaining pacifier. It's pink. Which is a good incentive not to leave the house with it. I guess I should go pick up some more boy appropriate ones.


A much prettier picture of Kat in her crib. I think she looks so sweet in this one.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Kat's hair is really looking thick and long. How cute is she! She looks like I do in the morning.
Love the pink pacifier. Nicholas will pick pink a lot of the time out of the nukie bowl at nap time.
Sounds like Greg is pretty busy. I suppose thats good as much as its hard to not have him over the weekend. It was warm here today - like 80. I die in 80's. I can't imagine how much I'd be complaining in your state.

jennbecc said...

Love Bed Head! :) I wish my guys would sleep until 7:30...no matter what time they go to bed they are awake by 6 -6:30 at the latest...ugh! Are they chewing through the binks or just loosing them? We had to throw away 3 of them last week because they are chewing holes in them...using them as teething rings I guess since they are both getting the eye teeth right now. :(

Katie said...

Poor Kat! I hope that she gets some good rest tonight (and you, too).

Isn't it funny that we lose more nu-nu's (aka pacifiers) than we thought possible? It's like the sock in the dryer phenomenon. I feel like I have bought $100 worth of them and Libby only likes 1 or 2. Wish she'd just find her thumb like Drew does! ;)

Erin said...

I love the first pic. I have one of A's crazy hair at that age and just laugh everytime I see it! I'm glad you liked the market- sorry we couldn't join you. Was the cost pretty good? Hopefully Greg won't be doing crazy overtime for much longer- although I'm sure the extra money is nice! Hope to see you soon.

Brooke said...

Love it! Where is the pic of your bedhead? She does look sweet in the last pic.