Sunday, September 21, 2008

Counting

A few days ago I bought a new puzzle for Kat and Brody. This one is a number puzzle from 0-9. We've only worked on it a few times and they can already say the numbers. On Saturday Greg had to work. Kat & Brody decided that they both did not want to nap that day, so it was extra long for all four of us. When Greg got home I made a deal with him. I'll go upstairs and nap for 20 minutes, then you can go upstairs and nap for 20 minutes. He said deal! So up I went to our nice and quiet room. An hour and a half later I woke up and realized that my 20 minutes was waaaay up. Ooops. Greg got the raw end of the deal on that one since it was dinnertime soon after and not much time for napping. Anyway, while I was taking my 20 minute nap Greg was working on the number puzzle with them. When I came down they were already saying 4, 5 and 9. So now when we practice counting they pipe in here and there with a number. Sometimes it's in the right order and sometimes it's not.

We played outside a lot this weekend. Since it's still in the 100's here we aren't venturing out during the day much, just the evenings. Kat & Brody go wild, running back and forth. I feel bad for the poor kids being cooped up so much because of the heat, is it ever going to cool down?! Here are some pictures from the weekend.







5 comments:

Jill said...

Holy cow. Do you have geniuses or something? Here we worry about them progressing with things, and then they start counting at under 2 years of age. Can we come to the Polling Early Childhood program? lol

Brooke said...

WOW! What little smarties. We have a wooden puzzle that Braeden had when he was little, I guess I need to get that out. Cute pic with the bubbles too!

jennbecc said...

We've been working on counting too and I meant to post the video before I left for my trip...anyway, great job smarty pants Kat! Whhhhoooohoooo! So glad you got an extra long 20 minute nap...that was nice of Greg to allow you to go long. :) And what cute shoes she's got on!!! Are those Vans?? Sooooooooo flippin CUTE!!!

Jennifer said...

Go Kat!!!!! Good job Mom!!!! We have been working on counting too, but we have only practiced to 5, I didn't think they were ready for 10, but looks like Kat has it down! One more thing to add to the list to work on!!!!! :)
Great pics! Cute table!!!!! Where did you get it? Target? :)

Katie said...

Oh my gosh-- this is FANTASTIC! I was just beaming ear to ear while watching this. How smart (and I love those backwards waves for "hi" and "bye"!)