Monday, September 1, 2008

It's September 1st - Yippee!

I don't have anything special to blog about today, except for that I'm so happy that is officially September. I know it's still 100++ degrees out, but June, July & August are over and that means summer is on it's way out! I had an extra skip in my step today just thinking about it. Greg worked extra hard in the backyard today to start to get it ready for Kat & Brody to play in once it cools down. We have five trees now that will hopefully grow big and provide lots of shade for them. I can't wait to let them loose out there.

Here are a couple of pictures from the last few days:


Hey look, it's twins! I even made it into the picture (piano).

Going to the bathroom in peace doesn't happen in our house. Here is Brody eagerly waiting for daddy to come out. It's pretty funny to be on the other side and see little fingers sliding underneath the door.

Another great thing about today is that Kat & Brody turned 19 months. They have been doing so many new things lately, you can just see that they are growing so fast. They repeat a lot, if you ask them to say a word they try to say the word. They understand a ton and are following instructions a little better. They are pretty funny too. Some nights I will just reflect on the funny things they did during the day, they really crack me up sometimes.

Anyway, happy September 1st. Can't wait to say good-bye summer!!

7 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

I am excited too for the cooler weather. Are you all free this week or next for a playdate?

Peggy said...

I am ready to say goodbye to summer also! I can't wait for beautiful Fall colors.
Cute pictures of the mirror! The mirror is so clean, it looks like identical twins looking at eachother:) Now you have 2 sets of twins! LOL

jennbecc said...

I hope fall means you guys get to be more comfy FAST! Love the mirror pictures and who is the piano player? You or Greg? Cool! We haven't had fingers under the door while using the bathroom...usually it's them crying on the other side of the door. :( Happy 19 month Birthday K&B!!! I've noticed (especially with Zack) that they are using words correctly now and asking for what they want....milk, water, bink (pacifier)....the next few months are going to be a big breakthrough for all our twins! :) How exciting!

Jennifer said...

Joanna, I am so ready for fall too!!! I know you are.
Love he piano pictures, I had to look but then I could see your reflection...too cool!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

I am right there with you Joanna, bring on the cooler weather!!!!
I am already trying to find Halloween costumes for the kids. LOL

Jill said...

I am looking forward to Fall too - ready for cool weather clothes (remind me I said this in February when I'm sick of winter already). I laughed at Brody waiting for Daddy! That is SO sweet and funny!
And I can see your reflection in the window/mirror. :) Is that at your house?

Jim and Cindy said...

Joanna, it os not over 100 still, is it?!?!? Gosh, how quickly I forget right? Hang in there...won't be long now.