Today Kat & Brody's cousins, Reghan & Riley, came over today and spent the day with us. Kat & Brody love playing with them, especially playing chase with them. This is a favorite thing of theirs. They love to chase you, but they love to be chased even more. Brody will give you a good work out chasing you around the house. So he was in heaven having Riley here to chase him. It's great because afterwards they sleep so well.
I'm sure Brody & Reghan will hate this picture when they are older, but I love it. Brody's not a big kisser so when I said "go give Reghan a kiss" I was surprised he did and even more surprised that my super slow camera actually caught it!And just a couple of pictures from the week.
Brody hasn't been taking good naps this week. Almost every day he wakes up about 45 min. into the nap just screaming his head off. He won't go back to sleep either. So even though I'd rather have him nap, we've been having some good one on one time. This particular day we made apple muffins. He would run around the kitchen island and come back periodically to check on them. He even ate one which is big for this little picky eater of mine.
Playing before bedtime! Our nighttime routine of rocking and reading together in their room went in the toilet pretty fast. It now has become another play time for them. Actually, Kat will still sit in the glider and read, but Brody runs around and gets into everything (like pulling all the blankets out of the baskets).
I really like this picture. I like it because it makes me think of the future. And of Christmas time. And of little excited kids creeping down the stairs and peeking thru to get a glimpse of Santa. I'm so looking forward to that, Greg & I become kids ourselves at Christmas time!

6 comments:
What sweet pictures of the cousins Joanna!!!!! And I love Brody peeking down the stairs! You are right, it does make you think of Christmas morning!!!!
I bet K&B had a great time with their cousins playing together! Its great that they get to grow up together!!!!!!
Really cute pics Joanna! I especially like the picture of Brody checking on his muffins. Very cute!
Awww what a cute kissing pic. Too cute! Christmas morning...you are getting me excited and its still 3 months away. Every year as they get older it is so much more fun and magical.
K&B are so lucky to have cousins that live close and are close in age! Great pictures! Thinking of Christmas gets me all excited and looking at Brody standing there watching the muffins makes me hungry! *LMAO* Too cute!
Joanna I can tell your in a happy place right now! so excited about cooler weather and Christmas. :)
I agree about the one-on-one time. Sometimes one wakes earlier and its nice to spend time with them. Wasn't it just Kat who wouldn't nap?
Do you have to wisk the awake one out of the room like you are on a secret mission so you don't wake the other like I do??? lol
Christmas is going to be sooooooo much fun the next few years with these LOs!!! How come I never thought to turn the light on in the oven for S&C?! Duh! Kat's face looks like it's changing just a little bit... I can't get over how TINY she was!!!!
Post a Comment