Friday, August 15, 2008

Sleepy boy

We are having a pacifier problem with Brody lately. He used to only need it to sleep, but lately he is wanting it all the time. He points to where we put it on the counter and says puh puh puh (I think he's trying to say paci) and signs please at the same time. I know we need to start weening him from it, but he sleeps so well when he has it. As soon as we give it to him he grabs his blankey and lays down where ever he's at. He's attached. Brody has also learned a new word. He says no. But he says it like "nooooooo". I'm surprised they haven't started saying this earlier by the amount of times I say no during the day. The other day Kat started to climb up on the table and Brody pointed at her and said noooooo. So at least he's using it to help me :).

Kat is starting to get the hang of using a fork. They mostly just play with them at meals, but lately she is actually attempting to use it. Brody will try a little, but as soon as he gets the food on the fork he takes the food off with his other hand to eat it. I think he'll get it soon though. Here is a video of Kat using her fork:

7 comments:

jennbecc said...

Jake is the same way with his fork. He pulls the food right off to put it into his mouth. Zack prefers using a fork though...it's cute. We switched to salad forks (Jill's suggestion) and it helps. They work better at stabbing food than the safety kid forks that we have with the rounded tips. Weird that Brody wants his paci now that he's done teething. My guys got attached with the teething. Zack says "Bink!" when he wants his or can't find it...*L*

Jennifer said...

Thats a really sweet pic of Brody lying on the floor!
Kat is doing great with her fork too! Eli is starting to eat his entire meal with a spork and Ethan is still trying!!!!!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

If it makes you feel any better, Taylor is also attached to her pacifier and blanket. It must be an 18 month thing!

Brooke said...

That first pic is soo adorable!

We are so in the same place right now. Liam just learned no too...will push you away or his food, with a big no.

Brenna started getting really attached to the blanket and paci about a month ago, I knew it was going to get worse so I replaced it with a stuffed animal..not the same, but I used to say to her at bedtime "time for binkie and blankie" and now I say "time for minnie and blankie"...and it worked.

Jill said...

We are in the same boat with the pacifier. Mostly just for sleep, but some times at about 5pm, I let them have it for my sanity. :) I suppose with time, we can wean them from it.
It is a sweet picture of Brody with his paci :) What a sweetheart
We just bought the same Gerber silverware. I like it. They can use little salad forks too, but these are a nice fork too since it actually stabs the food vs the safety forks. Kat looked so cute and proud of herself when she got it! :)

Kristen said...

Oh how cute is Kat! She looks both surprised and so proud of herself for getting that chicken *lol. We are in the same paci boat!!! We were totally off of them except to sleep and then BAM there was no talking Summer out of them again. So now she gets them again (she calls them Kiki). I'm done stressing about all the 'what's the right age to do this and that' business right now. She wants one.. she can have it!! :-)

Anonymous said...

that picture of brody is yet another classic maddox picture. Geex, those 2 would really get along!! I have slipped with the binki too and I am trying to get us back to just naps and bedtime. Some days are easier than others. If he is super needy, I let him have it. Everyone warned me that if you don't get it away before they hit 18 months, you have to wait until they are past the 2s. Apparently they will be more defiant about it b/c of the age. Oh well, Lucas sucks his thumb so I figure that I have bigger fish to fry than the binki war. I think I am going to ride it out..

Good job Kat!!!

shelly