Sunday, August 17, 2008

Reghan turns 2!

My niece, Reghan, recently turned two and had her birthday party yesterday. It was a fun party, my sister rented the Y for a few hours and all the kids had free range with the jumpy houses and slides. Kat was in heaven, this was her cup of tea. The moment we set her down she was off running. Uncle Brad put her down one slide and she loved it. The higher the slide the better. Brody clung to us for dear life and wanted nothing to do with it. At one point Greg took him down the slide in hopes that he would like it and he cried even more. I worry sometimes about how scared he gets at new things. But Greg asked his sister how he was as a child and according to aunt Vicki he was just the same. Greg clung to aunt V the same way Brody clings to us. So it must be hereditary? Anyway, I think Reghan had a great party. She was loving all the gifts and got a little shy/embarrassed when we all sang happy birthday. Unfortunately, my sister Stephanie couldn't go to the party because she's back in the hospital again. She didn't want to postpone it since Reghan didn't get a 1st birthday party due to being in the hospital last year as well. It's been a rough couple of years for Stephanie, so any prayers you have for my sister would be really appreciative. She could really use a break. Here are just a few more pictures:




7 comments:

jennbecc said...

Looks like a fun party!! Love those puffy slides. That looks like so much fun!! I thought Reghan was already 2...*L* I'll keep Stephanie in my prayers that she gets well, feels better, and that she gets a break to enjoy her family and life!

Jim and Cindy said...

Reghan looks a lot like her aunt Joanna! Prayers to your sister and all of your family, J!

Love the smerk on Brody's face in the previous post...and the "twins rock" onesies!

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun party! I hate that your sister had to miss it, that makes me so sad for her. I will keep her in my prayers and pray for healing for her!

Kristen said...

I'm sorry your sister wasn't able to be at Reghan's party. I'll say a prayer for her. She must be so strong to have gone through everything she has in the past few years!!
The pic of Kat going down the slide is such a great picture. You can sense the joy in every single fiber of her being in that pic!! I love how in the group pic, she's the one not looking at the camera *lol

Connor's Blog said...

Girl, that photo of Brody going down the slide with Greg makes me laugh! And the one of Kat on the slide by herself with her big cheesy smile! Too cute! I'm praying for Stephanie a lot. I'm hoping next year, she'll be running around at Reghan's 3rd birthday party and all her health problems will be behind her!

Anonymous said...

yeah fun party!

Luc is afraid of new things and I was the exact same way as a child. John gets frustrated mostly b/c Maddox is FEARLESS and he worries about that kind of difference with boys. For me as a kid, I just needed people to be patient b/c I would more often than not try a new thing;however,I needed more time to think about approaching it. If I felt pushed, it just made me back off entirely. Brody may be the same way.
shelly

Jill said...

I have to giggle at Kat's expression going down the slide. And the lady with the blonde hair trying to keep her there for the picture. How true! I think Celia would be the exact same way!
Nicholas is pretty fearful of new things too. He still hates to see men. However, I was like that as a kid, I think. I was super shy and they say thats hereditary too. So maybe like you said with Brody and Greg.