

Both Kat & Brody have colds so I don't have any earth shattering news to post. I was going through the older pictures we have of them and thought I'd post these. They are about 3 months here.
I am counting down the days until our colds are over with. We are on about day 3, so probably 7 more to go. Brody doesn't have it too bad, but I think his 2nd year molars are coming in because he is SO grouchy lately and is not sleeping very well either. He has been throwing about 2-3 temper tantrums a day. Today in Target he threw a pretty big one. I tried doing the mother stern whisper to him and said "you stop that right now Brody" but saw that it was doing no good. So instead I chose the ignore method and continued down the frozen food isle with him arching his back, kicking his legs, and screaming loudly. Luckily there weren't many people around us, but I'm sure anyone in the canned goods isle heard us because he was that loud. He also has been into pushing Kat lately, he does not want her anywhere near him. It's pretty comical to watch because she will just walk by him innocently to grab a toy and he will stretch out his arm to make sure she stays at arms length away. This is not like Brody, he usually is pretty good natured and easy going. So I think he must be going through teething to put him in such a fowl mood. On the flip side, he wants me to hug and kiss him a lot. So that feels good. No matter how many tantrums he throws, when he runs to me with his arms open it totally makes my day.
These pictures were taken by my friend Shawna. They are about 5 months old here (I think):


6 comments:
Aw Joanna, I love the pictures. They were so tiny! So precious!
I love the family picture, you will cherish that one!!!!
Sorry Brody isn't feeling well, thats just no fun for you or him. I hope Kats cold goes away soon too! We are on day 8 and still have the runny noses! :(
So who is everyone in the 2nd picture? Your side of the family? You look really good for having 3 month old twins. :) We have colds here too. Seems like everyone gets them at the same time - I really think we are passing it through the internet.;P
I have so much sympathy for moms with tantruming toddlers - cause I am most likely next - or just dealt with one. :)
They have grown so much!
Love the pictures!!! K&B look the same just smaller! As for the molars....ugh....Zack does the same thing as Brody regarding the pushing. He always has an arm out to push or block when Jake comes near....he looks like a football player. I hope the colds pass quickly. We're dealing with terrible diaper rash here thanks to refried beans and spanish rice. UGH!!!!
I can't get over how tiny Kat is compared to Brody! Even though she is still smaller, she is a force to be reckoned with now, huh? I LOVE that family picture. What a beautiful group of ladies and girls (and boys!).
I hope everyone feels better soon. We go through periods of temper tantrums and fighting and miserableness. (is that a word?). hang in there
shelly
I love your blog so I nominated you for an award! Check it out! http://tatertotmarch.blogspot.com/2008/08/id-like-to-thank-my-twins-for-all-my.html
I love those photos-- they are so tiny!! Doesn't that seem like yesterday?
I bet Brody is teething b/c that grumpiness doesn't sound like him at all. Probably why he isn't napping (and picky eater), too. At least that's what I blame all of my children's bad behavior on! ;)
Post a Comment