Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our dollar store stools

I need to correct my previous post about our great dollar store chair finds. These chairs have now become great stepping stools to reach new places. The fact that they are light and flimsy makes it even better to carry around the house searching for new spots. Not such a great find afterall.

Our weekend was a busy one. Unfortunately, Grandpa Polling had to go into the hospital Thursday night. But he's now home and hopefully recovering quickly. And my sister was able to come home from the hospital today. From here are on we are banning any hospital visits for our family members :). So since we didn't get a chance to get out much with Kat & Brody (other than church), we decided to take them for ice cream at Baskin Robins. Brody is not fond of ice cream, he actually won't even open his mouth for it. But this time we gave them both their own spoons and he was eating it and happy as a clam. I'm glad he is warming up to it because I LOVE ice cream and hope we can do this more often.

Just a quick video of them playing the other night. They were really laughing and have a good time, that's why I grabbed my camera. But by the time I got back they were not so giggly anymore, in fact we had a nice cry session afterwards...

6 comments:

Jill said...

Oh no! They fell down! I suppose you did have a cry fest at the end. I really think K&B seem close when they play together. Even though Kat and Celia seem alike, it seems she is more tolerant of Brody. That or I need to start toughening Celia up because she is a crier lately when things aren't going her way. I feel like I am slacking in the discipline department to avoid meltdowns lately, and I need to stop that cause it will cause me problems in the future.
I had to laugh when you said the flimsy chairs are great step stools. lol

jennbecc said...

The whole reason I have not gotten a table and chairs for the boys is this exact reason....I'm afraid of them climbing on the table and using the chairs as stools. Ugh!! Sorry they fell but glad it wasn't far and it was on carpet. Shake it off K&B! :)

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Your post cracks me up -- the part about retracting your "dollar deals" statement. Taylor for the past week has also been fascinated with the light switch. In fact, she won't allow us to keep the fan or light on. If it's on, she immediately goes over and hits the switch now that she can reach it and says "off". I keep on turning it on because I get hot, but then she's right back at it turning it off. I can never win!

Peggy said...

This is exactly what happens to our chairs - so even tho they look so cute in the playroom, I end up putting the chairs in another room or I will find Brandon and Faith surfing on the table top.
Cute video!! Brandon and Faith LOVE those huggies boxes. You must buy your diapers at Costco too:)

Jennifer said...

Glad Brody enjoyed the ice cream! Thats good stuff, I think I'll go get a bowl now!!! :)
I hate that K&B fell, but I had to laugh at your response, I feel like I say that all day long these days!!!!!!

Kristen said...

I can see how they must have been having a great laugh before the camera was rolling! Brody was just getting a little squished I guess. I'm sorry they fell, poor things. It's amazing how tough they really are and the beatings they can take. They are so much like S&C it's ridiculous!! That's exactly what Summer would have done to Chase. And then I was watching the video of them in the playroom and B with his truck and K is in the background climbing and then walking back and forth and then falling, all the while B is just being good as can be. That is sooooo S&C!! *lol Oh and hey, I can't get back to my blog from your home page?