Friday, July 11, 2008

Open Gym & Petsmart

Today was open gym time at Gymboree. It's nice because we have our weekly class, and then we have the option of coming back twice a week for open gym where the kids just play on anything they want. They really like this and I'm hoping they are worn out from all the playing! Brody tended to stay in one spot. He found a slide that he liked and he didn't move too far from it the whole time. Kat was all over the place and enjoyed all the different climbing things they had. We also went to Petsmart this morning to look at the animals. They loved watching the birds. There are no dogs at this particular Petsmart, just cats. But there is a grooming center and we got to see two dogs coming out. The owner was very nice and let Kat & Brody watch them for awhile. Brody was really loving it and pointing at the dogs and laughing. Until one of the dogs barked. Loudly. They both jumped and then the waterworks came from Brody. It really scared him and now I'm afraid he might not like dogs so much. I felt bad for the owner too because I could see she was worried about it. But we soon left with crackers in hand and all was good. Some pictures from Gymboree:



4 comments:

Jill said...

gymboree looks so cool!!! How much was it for the 2 of them for 1x week class? There is one about 45 min from us - kinda far. Kat looks like a little gymnast with that ring around her shoulders.
Nicholas cries when Dogs bark loud too. However he still likes them. :) So hopefully Brody and Kat will be the same.

jennbecc said...

We had a Gymboree open up about 10 miles from us right after the boys were born. At about 10 months old I decided to go check it out...and the girl tells me they are closing down the next week. :( I was so bummed. Glad they are loving it! Gerdie never really barks much but my mom's dog is always barking so I guess the boys are used to that noise because they've never cried from that. I guess Boris never makes much noise...*L*...except for maybe smacking when he eats huh?

Jennifer said...

Gymboree looks like SO much fun. We don't have one here, but we do have something called The Little Gym..we might need to check it out too!!!!!

Peggy said...

Gymboree looks like a lot of fun! We have never been. We have one in our neighborhood. I just assumed it was expensive like every thing else around here:) I will just continue to let everyone climb all over me LOL