Saturday, July 5, 2008

Disneyland


We got back from Disneyland today. I don't know where to start, except to say that we had a lot of fun!

We were there for five days so we had the luxury of taking it nice and slow and going at our pace. With 6 kids that was pretty essential. Greg & I were so surprised at how well Kat & Brody did. They just went with the flow and didn't seem to mind not being on their normal schedule. We stayed up till around 10:30 every night. For 2 toddlers this is pretty late! Even though their schedule was all off, we still went back to the room every day for a nap because I wanted them to be happy for the evening. They napped so well, better than they nap at home.

And there was no crying at any of the characters or on any rides. Kat & Brody rode Pirates, Peter Pan, Dumbo, The Haunted Mansion, Toy Story, Bugs Life, and pretty much all the kid rides. I think Dumbo was a favorite, Kat laughed the whole time. The also loved the fireworks. The first night Brody wasn't sure, but by the second night he was very excited to watch them. The only time we had tears was when we went to the hotel pool, neither one of them liked that at all.

We also got to meet two other twin moms that I have talked to for awhile now, Jenny & Jen. That was fun to meet them and see their cute twins. Jenny & her family were there for a couple of days so we got to know them better and had a lot of fun hanging out at Disneyland with them. They are true Disney fans and hopefully we will have future trips with them.

We were pretty lucky in having Grammy & PopPop with us. I think this is what made the trip a success. We had adjoining rooms and were able to open the door between the rooms and let Kat & Brody run freely. They also watched them for us so that Greg & I could ride the fun rides like Tower of Terror, California Screamin', & Space Mountain. It's always so fun for me to be at Disneyland with my dad because he becomes a kid himself while he's there. I can remember every single trip we've made to Disneyland as a kid and there have been a lot! I am looking forward to when K&B are a little older and start asking to go.

Also, our drive over there and back went really well. We owe this to the DVD player we brought with us. We only had to make once stop for lunch and to let them stretch their legs. They were true superstars.

Anyway, that's just a recap of our trip. I had a lot of things I wanted to post about but now I can't remember them. I'm a little sad to be back, I hate coming home from vacations. But I know we will have more to come. Here are just a few pictures I took:


10 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Welcome home! I have been checking your blog everyday for Disney updates. The photos you posted are great. I am so happy to hear the kids did well and that you and Greg also enjoyed yourselves. Can't wait to see you...maybe at Gymboree.

jennbecc said...

Great pictures Joanna and I love your new header! I'm so glad we got to meet! I keep saying it, but I had such a great time with you, Greg, K&B! I really hope we do it again someday!

Jennifer said...

Great pictures Joanna!!! I am so glad you had a great time! I couldn't wait to hear how it went! I LOVE the new picture on your header...its just adorable!!! Looks like you had a great time with your family and with Jenny and Jen!!!!! I hope you will share more stories as you think of them!!!!!!! :)

Brooke said...

Great Pics! I'm glad you had a nice time and a memorable trip. It was a nice flashback to our trip, I kept seeing all the things and remembering Liam and Brenna doing the same things.

Brooke said...

Great Pics! I'm glad you had a nice time and a memorable trip. It was a nice flashback to our trip, I kept seeing all the things and remembering Liam and Brenna doing the same things.

Katie said...

It looks like you had such a great time and were able to do so many things!!! I can't believe how many characters you were able to take photos with. I remember when we went long long ago, it was hard to get near them b/c of the crowds. I wondered if toddlers would really get a lot out of Disney, but it looks like they can really do a lot. We hope to get there some day. Great that you and Jenn liked one another. he he he

P.S. LOVE your new header, too!

Cass said...

Wonderful recap! We've taken Jenna to Disneyland twice, and I agree, having grandparents there with you really makes all the difference. Hope it wasn't too hot for you guys. The pics are great! I'm glad the babies had so much fun.

I was just thinking a couple days ago about how it seemed like your family went to Disneyland every summer! I wish we could do that eventually. Fun fun!

Jill said...

Loved seeing the pictures! I'm so glad K& B were good for you! Gives us hope for ours! Maybe we should toss their bedtime rule out the window on trips? Maybe it would make it easier to keep them up as long as they are okay?
I like the header too! I still need to figure out how to do the neat things you do on your headers. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that they had fun and that you had a good time! WOW, I am surprised that they weren't afraid of the characters too. Meeting other twin moms is such a bonus. Grandparents are awesome!!

Shelly

Kristen said...

Isn't that awesome that K&B did so great!! Makes you want to go on vacation more often right?! I loved looking at the pics, you all look like you had a really special trip. Skye was terrified of characters as a toddler so good for K&B! I love your new graphics, the header and your new TMMB siggy. K&B are too cute!!