Thursday, July 31, 2008

18 months and fun with friends!

Tomorrow Kat & Brody will be 18 months. A year and a half. Six months away from 2! I can't believe that. That also means a little over 4 months till Christmas. Where is the time going?? Tomorrow we will celebrate their 1 1/2 birthday by going to the grocery store and to Gymboree :).

On Wednesday we had a play date with my good friend Erin and her two girls, Amelia & Emery. It was so nice to get together. Erin & I used to work together and shared a cubical wall and I missed shouting over the wall to her and distracting her from her work :). We were laughing at the sizes between Kat & Emery. Emery is only about 7/8 months and she weighs the same as Kat! And almost as tall as Kat too. I think Kat & Brody had the most fun with Amelia though, they really liked playing with her. Here are just a few pics:


I also took a longer video of K&B today. Every evening after their bath I let them play in the loft by themselves while I come downstairs and clean up and get things done that I can't do when they are under my feet. They do really well up there and I can hear foot steps running back and forth and giggling. So I thought I would sneak up and get some hidden footage, but they saw me. The camera is a little shaky because Kat was trying to grab at it. That is her new thing, to get behind the camera and watch. And I just wanted to note, whenever I ask Brody to say "mama" he says dada. He can say mama, just not when I ask him! (the video is a little long, sorry!).





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how agile Kat is. Geez, she just jumped right up on that horse. And Brody walking...it makes me tear up to see how good he is at it now. happy 18th birthday Kat and Brody!!!

Shelly

Jennifer said...

Happy 1 1/2 birthday to Kat and Brody!!!!!!
I loved the video!!! They were having so much fun. I laughed at how Kat just jumped right on the horse...and how great to see Brody just running around!!!!! I know you are proud!!!

Connor's Blog said...

Your friend Erin's kids are really cute!

Kristen said...

Awwwww .. cute video! Happy 1 1/2!! Kat's talking really well now, it's cute how she says Riley. Brody looks like he walks with the stature of a wrestler.. Kat better look out!

Jill said...

Kat's face is changing it seems. She is looking older I think. Brody is walking over the foam letters very well too! They are talking great! Looking of that picture of you holding the 7/8 month old and brody - it makes you look small! lol That little baby is a healthy size, but doesn't resemble your size at all (you being a small person). Happy 18 months! I'm already visualizing the cake smashing at 2 years old. Maybe it will be worse? ha ha

jennbecc said...

Happy 18 months K&B! Love the pics and the video. Everytime I log onto your blog, I miss you guys more and wish we lived closer so we could hang out.