Today we loaded Kat & Brody up in the van and headed to the 9:30 service at church. The drive there was really nice. Brody played with his godzilla toy (more about this later) and Kat played with her toy cell phone. They were both nice and happy. Until we pulled into the church parking lot. Right away Brody starts crying this scared cry. He was looking around at his surroundings and was not happy. So I got him out of the car while Greg got Kat and we started walking towards the nursery. The crying got even louder. I think he knew he was about to be dropped off at the church nursery. I was surprised that he recognized church so soon, before we even got out of the car. Luckily, we saw Nancy (the preschool director) and she took control of the situation. She immediately took Brody and went for a walk with him while we checked in Kat and headed off to the big church. Nancy is the greatest, she knew exactly what to do to put our minds at ease. I knew he was in good hands. Meanwhile, Kat went into the room ready to play. I barely got a kiss from her. If she could say it I'm sure she would have said "see ya". When we came back to pick them up Nancy said he stopped crying pretty soon after we left. Still broke my heart a little :(.
I don't have any new pictures to upload, but we had a fun weekend and have a fun week coming up. I got to get a pedicure and catch up with my good friends Becky & Tressa. I also got to see Mamma Mia on Saturday with my family while Greg stayed back and watched the kids. A very cute movie! Then Greg and I dropped Kat & Brody off at Grammy & PopPop's while we saw Batman. Another good movie! It was so nice to get out. This week Greg took off three days from work. One day for himself to play guitar with a few buddies. One day for family time. And another day for myself. He said that he wants me to go out and do something I want to do. Basically he's giving me a vacation day. I don't know what I'm doing yet, but one rule is that I can't go to Target or Home Depot :). I feel so blessed to have a husband that thinks of me like that. He's always telling me he wants me to go out and just get away for awhile. I feel guilty doing that because I know he works a long week and needs a weekend break as well. But the truth is that Kat & Brody behave a whole lot better with him than with me that I think he doesn't mind it at all. I'm looking forward to our time together as a family, and our separate down time as well!
1 year ago

8 comments:
Poor Brody...and poor Mommy getting snubbed. :( I'm so glad that you got to treat yourself to some fun at the movies! I hope you had lots of yummy popcorn. Be sure to post about what you decided to do with your free day. I can't wait to hear!
Yeah! A day to yourself. Enjoy every moment of it. What day will this be? Let me know because I might be able to work something out and get you a free massage. It's funny how with kids we no longer get to see movies in the theaters. The last movie I saw in the theater was Dream Girls when I was pregnant with Taylor.
Sounds like you have had a busy weekend Joanna!!! But how fun to get a day to yourself!!I can't wait to hear all about it!!!
We had a similar day at church...Ethan cried and broke my heart to just walk out of the room on him and Eli could care less. He didn't even get excited when I came back to get them. He just looked at me and said "MOMMA" and then carried on playing!!!!!!!
I can see how that would break your heart a little. Poor Brody!! Gosh funny how dissimilar K&B are. You're husband is the sweetest for thinking of you like that, you are so blessed Joanna!! I hope you have a fantastic girly, girly day! Can't wait to hear about it.
wow that is crazy that he figured that out when you pulled in to church! Smart kid.
I feel so much better when I see someone who can help them feel better take them. At our church they will flash your child's number on the screen if they need you to go get them. Does yours do something like that?
Thats very thoughtful of Greg to give you a day! I hope you have fun :) SO you thought The Dark Knight was good?
I have been going through the same thing the last 4 weeks at Church. Brandon cries and doesn't want to let go of me, while Faith hardley looks back. It is heart breaking.
How nice to get your own day!!
Sounds like a busy weekend.
My kiddos get harder and harder every week at church....no nursery at our church though.
Glad you got out, I want to see Mama Mia, glad you liked it.
well that exemplifies the difference between boys and girls..and i have 2 boys, such fun when they cling and fight over me (sarcasm applies).
I hope you have a nice day to yourself. I see a great "Dad and Husband of the Year Award" nominee!! Very sweet of him.
Shelly
Post a Comment