That title pretty much sums up our weekend. It was non-stop whining from two cranky babies. If one wasn't whining, the other one was. And if by chance both were happy, it lasted only a minute or two before someone inevitably fell or stole a toy from the other. There was a lot of coveting going on as well. We have pretty much two of everything, one in pink and the other in blue, but that didn't matter much because they both wanted what the other one had (even though the exact same thing was right next to them). At one point Greg & I just started laughing because it was starting to become comical. We even provided a little play-by-play because we could see it coming. I sure hope they don't act like this at Disneyland.
We also created a new play space for Kat & Brody this weekend. Greg cleaned out the closet under the stairs so that we could start storing toys in there. Our house is busting at the seams in plastic kid toys, so this seemed like a good solution. And they can also play in there too if they like. I will admit it was tempting to just shut the door while they were in there fighting over toys, but we won't resort to that yet (kidding :)). Below is a picture of our new baby cave.
9 comments:
Cute Baby Cave! What a great idea!! Did you have to add the light or was that already in there? Love it!
We also attended Whine-fest 2008 this weekend....with tantrums on top of it all. Zack had 2 major tantrums this weekend...on the floor kicking, screaming, throwing his paci. Poor Jake was like, "WTH?" and even brough Zack his paci back after Zack had thrown it only for Zack to flip out on Jake like a mad-man and attack him! Once Jake limped away wimpering, Zack continued his tantrum. OMG....Brian and I were like, "OH CRAP! This CANNOT happen at Disneyland." I'll die....
Love the baby cave!!!! What a great idea! And something new for them to play in for a while!!!!
We were a bit on the whiny side this weekend too. Kept blaming it on teething (of course) but maybe it was a full moon or something?
Love the baby cave too! We have the same thing but it's tiled and full of storage. Maybe we should clean it out....
I'm cracking up b/c we are having the same exact dilemmas over here-- whatever one has, the other wants. No real tantrums yet, but by typing this, I've just jinxed us.
Love the baby cave, too! ;)
I want a baby cave....that look like a fun place to play. I bet they are loving it just because it is something different.
Hopefully they will be so mesmerized by everything at Disney they will not have time to pick on each other.
geez, I wouldn't mind a mommy cave to hide in every now and then! What a great space to put stuff in.
I can't wait to hear about Disney. It's less than a week away. I hope you have a very nice time.
BTW: we are going through a whiny phase too. Maddox has become quite dramatic. He runs toward me as if he hasn't seen me in ages and then he wraps his arms around me and buries his face into my legs. Pathetic, but cute!
Shelly
At first I read it as a wine fest - like you did wine tasting all weekend, lol. Cute and clever title!
That is a nice size little room under the stairs! Might be a nice little make believe house someday for them with a little kitchen, chairs, etc?? I agree, plastic kids toys are every where!
Hey!! That's a pretty big area! A friend of mine did the same thing with a closet under the stairs, and her kids LOVED it for years. When they got a little older (4 and 5?) they put runner lights in there and it was like their own little club house.
I can not WAIT to have room to put toys SOME WHERE ELSE! LOL!
I'm with Jill, I'm thinking wow isn't it hot for a trip to wine country about now, and are there wineries near Joanna? lol
I've been racking my darn brain trying to figure out a spot for all the toys and stuff. I am so sick of STUFF. I would have never have come up with the baby cave, I'll have to expand my train of thought now!!
Post a Comment