Monday, June 16, 2008

Tot Town & other stuff


Today Kat, Brody & I met my friend Laura & her son Connor at their church for Tot Town. Basically it's the church gym turned into a big toddler play area. It is an event they hold every monday that is free during the summer for the community. I was excited to have a place to unleash my two and let them roam free. However, I think I left there with a few more gray hairs. First of all, Brody was pretty content to play on the slides and watch the other kids. He even practiced walking and did really well. It was Kat that gave me a little workout (isn't it always her?? :)). She discovered the three open doors (one to the outside, one to the cafe, and one to the arts & craft room) and tried to beeline out of them every chance she got causing me to run after her nonstop. When I finally convinced her to stay in the gym with ALL the toys, she decided to give it a chance. What got her to stay was the bouncy house. It was filled mostly with bigger kids so I didn't put her in it. However, she discovered that if she sat on the outside of it while the kids jumped she could bounce along with them. She even tried laying down on it to give her a bigger bounce. A few times she fell to the wood floors, but she didn't cry. Just kept me on my toes the whole time. I'd like to give it another try since they both seemed to enjoy it, I'm just going to put on my running shoes next time.

Here is a video of Brody playing with Kat. He was very quirky today and just doing all kinds of funny things. The hitting the head on the wall is something they both like to do. Usually Kat will follow if she sees Brody doing it. Some days I just don't get them :). And, the picture above is of Kat's shiner courtesy of Brody. In the video you'll see why she gets these wounds.




I've also started a new blog for myself. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but have been holding back because I don't know how often I will be able to update it. I'm hoping it will be a good way for me to motivate myself with being creative. I miss that part of being a full-time graphic designer. Here is the site if you are interested in taking a look: http://www.joannapolling.blogspot.com/.

6 comments:

jennbecc said...

Brody is doing GREAT! And great job knowing how to get down the steps. Mine just run full force and fall right off...*SPLAT!* Kat is so patient as per brother puts her in a head lock! *L* I just love, love, love her hair and the flip in the back is so darn cute!!

Jennifer said...

Glad you had fun at Tot Town, I hope you get to go back! Sounds like you are finding all kinds of new things to do with them!
Brody is doing great with his walking!!!
Love the new blog too! you are very creative!

Kristen said...

Cute video. Makes me wonder how being a twin is already shaping them. I think if Kat were a singleton and another child or even younger sibling came up to her and put her in a headlock, she might FREAK! But she barely even blinks when it's Brody. That's really sweet!!

The Hayes Family said...

How funny him hitting his head on the wall!! He must like the sensation of his brain rattling in his head!! They are so sweet!

Jill said...

Joanna your graphic design website is really cool! Maybe I can pay you to make a cool mirror mosaic like you did for Kat. that is so beautiful!

Anyway, Tot Town sounds very cool! Why don't we have things like that here? I found a 2-3 year old Yoga class nearby, so maybe next winter we can do that. Give us something to do. I don't know if they will actually do yoga, but I'll try! lol
I can't believe Kat lets Brody pull on her. Celia can't stand that at all. She has perfected her fake cry. Its an art, I think!

stephanie said...

how fun you went to tot town. we try to make it there most mondays. best kept secret for little kids... especially during the summer. hopefully we'll see you there sometime.