Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just a then and now picture

I took a picture of Kat & Brody watching their favorite show, World Animals (Baby Einstein), and it reminded me of a similar picture I took last summer. What a difference! They really like these chairs that they are sitting in. Grammy & pop pop got these for them before they were even born.

A few new things they have been doing lately; Kat says hi to almost everyone she sees (usually three times or more in a row), Brody is 75% walking and only crawling when he falls down, Kat put two words together the other day when she said "hi dada", Brody points out all the lights in the room and says ligh (without the "t"), and both are pickier than ever and like food one day and not the next.

Also, you will probably see lots of pictures with them in just a diaper for the next few months. As soon as we get home from anywhere I strip them down to their diapers because it is just too hot. They seem to be more comfortable this way, especially on our 113 degree days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute!! Oh, those DOC bands. Can you imagine them now w/ all the heat in AZ? In a word, YUCK!
I had to catch up a little. Love the video of Brody bugging Kat while she was trying to read and nice to hear from Greg--definitely "guy" style of writing. har, har.
Most of all, I love your graphic design work. You are very talented. The Quite Enough logo was very interesting and well done.
Well, that was my catch-up!
Shelly (TMMB)

Jennifer said...

What a difference a year makes!!!! yeah for Brody walking on his own so fast and yeah for Kat for putting 2 words together!!! They are just amazing at this age, aren't they?

Brooke said...

Those chairs are so cute! My kiddos would love them....and they love their Baby Einstein too.

Isn't it crazy the things they can do and just how different they are and how much they have grown.

Jill said...

Yikes - 113 degree days! The other day on our drive to the zoo (it was 70 degrees) Jason said "turn on the a/c! Its hotter than h*ll". I laughed and said, "Ummmm you don't want to live in AZ then!" I thought of how you would like 70 degrees. lol

I really like those chairs! How cute!!! They are looking so big. Look how Kat has her hands in her lap, he he he. Thats so awesome that they are both talking so well and Brody is a walker now! I bet he is loving it! Is he happier now that he is on his own physically? Is he done with therapy now?

jennbecc said...

113?!? How do you not burst into flames when you walk out the door?? Gosh...
And those chairs are so cute! Much classier than the ugly Spidey couch my guys have. *L*

Peggy said...

WOAH! That is hot! I don't blame you for stripping them down.
Those are cute plush chairs! Do they have sleeping bags inside? Zach has a monkey chair like that and it has a sleeping bag.

Kristen said...

I was just thinkinb about them in their diapers when I read your post. I know mine would love wandering around the house in theirs, they HATE putting clothes on now. It just never occurred to me? They don't take their diapers off? They are good kids!! I love the chairs, they must be sooooo comfy!!!