Monday, June 9, 2008

Buh-bye Heart Murmur


Kat had an echo this morning to follow-up on the small VSD she was born with. At our last appointment at 9 months, the doctor could barely hear it. So he wanted us to wait until she was older to do an echo and see if it was still there. So this morning we drove down to Phoenix Children's Hospital and had it done. She did so well during the ultrasound. They had Baby Einstein playing so that kept her interested and also kept Brody quiet since I needed to bring him along. I was so happy to get the phone call this afternoon from the doctor saying that everything came back great and that her VSD had closed. He said we won't ever have to see him again. Slowly our days at Phoenix Children are coming to an end. For awhile we were driving down there weekly between their doc bands adjustments, cardiologist appointments, and developmental neurologist appointments. Not to mention the three weeks they were in the NICU and we practically lived there. We have one last developmental appointment coming up in August and I think we are done. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. More happy than anything. Just sad because time is going way too fast. But anyway, it feels great to not have to worry about the heart murmur anymore!

9 comments:

The Hayes Family said...

That is AWESOME news!! I know what you mean about time going so quickly, but it's such good news!!

Jennifer said...

Wow!!! That is great news!!!! I am so happy to hear that and so glad you are done with all the special doctors!!!!!
I agree that time is going much to fast with these little ones!!!!!

Josephine said...

I am so excited for you guys!! This is an amazing milestone for your sweet little girl and I am so happy for you! Silly me this is making me cry!! Congratulations and way to go Kat!

Katie said...

That is GREAT news and something to be happy about!!! But I know how it is that time seems to just be flying by. ;)

jennbecc said...

Phew! What great news! Congrats~ :)

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, that is such wonderful news!!! They have come so amazingly far in such a short amount of time. Aren't they just little miracles!! Yay Kat!!

Jill said...

What a relief. :) And that picture is just SO beautiful of her! She really is a cute little girl!

Brooke said...

What AWESOME news for Kat!

I'm happy she did such a good job, you have given me the idea to bring the portable DVD player when we get the eeg done. Thanks!

Peggy said...

That's wonderful news! What a weight off your shoulders. I must say, this is a darling picture of Kat, very fitting for the post:)