Friday, June 6, 2008

Gymboree

We found out that a Gymboree was opening up not too far from us and that they were having an open house Thurs., Fri., and Saturday. Greg had the day off today so we decided to take Kat & Brody today to see if they liked it. They LOVED it! They had so much fun going through the tubes, crawling up the slides, playing with everything. It was a cute little soft gym/play area for them to just run free in. Kat was running from station to station, and Brody was not too far behind her crawling everywhere. His favorite spot though was the art room. He sat in there a good amount of time coloring, eating crayons, and coloring some more! We are thinking about joining but are going to try the free classes first. They offer three free classes (art, music, & gym) before you have to pay a membership fee. They prefer to have one adult per child, but I talked with the owner and she said to give the free classes a try first by myself and see how it goes. Luckily my friend Rachael told me about this or I wouldn't have known we had one so close. She had the low-down on all the fun things to do with toddlers around here. Next we are going to try the story time at Berean Christian bookstore. I also read in my Raising AZ Kids magazine that Phoenix is opening up their first children's museum this month. I can not wait to try that! So I think we have found quite a few things to keep us entertained and busy this summer.

Here is a video of Kat talking on the phone. I didn't realize I was a big phone talker, but I must talk enough for her to notice and imitate.


6 comments:

Jill said...

What a cutie! She really acts like she is talking to someone! What does she do when say Greg calls and talks to her on the phone? Celia hates for us to hold the phone to her ear but she will play pretend with the phone? Silly!
I wish we had a cool Gymboree like that!!! Some fun things like that would be so cool for them - and fun for us to watch them have fun!!

jennbecc said...

They closed the Gymboree in our area a month ago....right as I was going to be able to take them....DAG! We have something called Funky Monkey though...I might give that a try.

Katie said...

Hilarious Kat! I'm scared of how Libby will imitate me. ;) We have gymboree here and I've been eyeing it myself. You'll have to let me know how it goes...

Jennifer said...

LOVE that video of Kat talking!!! So funny!!!!!

The Gymboree sounds like fun!!! Great way to burn some energy! We don't have that here, but do have a Little Gym, maybe we should check it out!!!! Let us know how it goes!

Kristen said...

Tell Kat to give Summer a call. She's always got a phone in her hand, gabbing away --- lol.
Gymboree sounds like alot of fun!!

Brooke said...

I wish we had one here, the nearest is about 45 minutes away. I joked with a friend that we should open one. I have been trying to experiment and see what I can do alone too. Good Luck with storytime, I haven't braved that one yet.