
Kat has a huge passion for books, almost borderlines obsession. She is constantly reading them, sometimes silently and sometimes she actually talks aloud like she is really reading. Each week she seems to pick a favorite and will only want that particular book. She knows too what book is what. If you ask her to get a book like "Five Little Monkeys" she knows which one that is and will go and get it. I love that she loves books. But there are time when this becomes a problem. She wants me to read to her a lot, all day long if she had her way. Sometimes I see her coming at me with a book and I will try to act like I don't see her because I know I will get stuck reading that same book about 10 times. I generally encourage her to read and love to read to her, but there has to be a happy medium somewhere :). She also only wants me to read. If Greg is reading her a book she will grab it out of his hand and bring it to my lap. The good thing about all of this is that Brody reaps the benefits too. He's never brought a book to me, but if I'm reading to Kat he will sometimes stop and listen. Sometimes.



7 comments:
oh my goodness Joanna, that is the sweetest video of Kat reading!!!! That is just priceless!!!!!! I love it!!!!!
Wow, Joanna, I think you have a genius in the making! That is really amazing how she loves books and studies show it really makes a huge difference in their reading, comprehension skills, and you need reading for so many subjects. I think your reading to Kat and Brody will reap the rewards in their verbal skills as well (which strong verbal skills make great readers). She is also looking at all the details which is a great skill too (okay enough of the parent-teacher conference, ha ha) I love the picture of her reading in the car (p.s. do you like those mirrors on the headrest and where did ya get them?). And that video is so cute! I love her babbling at the book. Do you keep the highchairs on the floor for them to sit in during the day?
Love the video! Soooo stinking cute! I teared up a little because it's just soooo sweet!
How sweet. I love how she is totally reading and into that book. Wouldn't it be nice to sit and read! HA!!
I sooooo know what you mean about reading the book 10 times ... you aren't alone in this!! LOL
Summer's just like Kat with the books. You know it is REALLY amazing how similar K&B and S&C are!!!!
I love that old pic of K&B. It's funny how much Kat still looks the same!
Oh my goodness-that girl is something else. I swear it looks like she is actually reading from each page before she turns it to the next one. We may not know what she is saying but it seems like she sure does, LOL!
Congrats to Brody for starting to walk! Look out when those two start chasing each other all over the house!!!
Maddox is suddenly crazy about books too and he knows certain ones by name.(SO BIG Elmo) I LOVE that she is pretending to read--waht a precious little girl
SHelly
Post a Comment