Monday, May 26, 2008

Long weekends are good weekends!

I love holiday weekends when Greg gets a day off from work. Even though we don't do too much it is such a nice break to have him home. This weekend was very nice because of that. On Saturday we drove down to Kierland Commons so that Greg could get his early Father's Day present. A dutch oven from Crate & Barrel. He's been wanting a dutch oven for some time now and this weekend he made a couple of really good meals in it. And since the weather was so nice we even got to stroll around the outdoor mall. It was a rare cool day, one where we needed light coats for the babies. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures from that day.

Today we had a BBQ at pop pop and grammy's and that was a nice time as well. Here my dad is entertaining them while I cut up their food. Brody ate a lot and I kept having to go back in for more. Kat & Brody love playing with their cousins, but more than that they LOVE the dogs. Especially Brody. They played hard today, so much so that I am thinking they will sleep hard tonight.

Here is Brody and Cole, a black cocker spaniel. Brody gets so excited when he sees Cole, he's a really good dog.

I thought this picture was funny. The size of the dolls legs are larger than Kat's! Today I got on my dad's scale while holding Kat to see how much weight she has gained and she's still hanging in there at around 18 lbs, a few oz. over. I think at this rate she probably won't hit 20 lbs until she's two years old! I think 20lbs is the minimum weight they need to be before they can be turned around in their carseats.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Your Dad's backyard looks like a resort! Do they live pretty close?
That is so funny about the doll legs vs Kat's legs! ha!
I was looking at Kat in her highchair and seeing how you said Celia is taller in her highchair. I am guessing maybe cause Celia has a long torso perhaps. She was 31 1/4 inches at almost 16mos - how long was Kat again?
Hope they sleep well for you!

Brooke said...

I'm cracking up at the dolls legs. We are with you on the 18 lbs too, we had them reinstalled a few weeks ago and I made the comment that she would be facing backwards until she was 2. Heck, she just got out of her infant seat at 14 months.

I'm jealous of your weather. You probably get to eat outside a lot. We rarely can do it because its too cold or too windy.

The Hayes Family said...

I'm laughing at the doll's legs! That is ONE GIANT DOLL!! It's so funny to see the cactus in the background, do you worry about them getting poked?!! Glad Greg was home with you guys, it looks like you enjoyed the weekend.

Peggy said...

Wow, I agree with Jill. Your dad's back yard is beautiful!
Hilarious picture of the stroller! :)

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had a great weekend Joanna!!!!! I hope you all get to enjoy your dads pool often! I miss that about being 'home'!
We have a cocker too, he is blonde though..I LOVE cockers!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Joanna,
I have to agree with everyone, your Dad looks like he has an awesome back yard!
Don't worry Kat isn't alone, I don't think Ava will be hitting the 20 pound mark anytime soon either. LOL. We sure have little peanuts on our hands don't we!