We have days where having twins feels like a piece of cake. Today was one of those days! Kat & Brody started today off by sleeping in. Kat slept until 8:30 and Brody almost 9:00. It was nice to sit on the couch with the paper and a bowl of cereal with my feet up :). They woke up happy and continued to be happy all morning. They played by themselves while Greg took our car to emissions and didn't fuss much at all. Then we took them out to lunch with us to
Chipotle. They have patio seating so we sat outside and enjoyed the day. Kat & Brody ate most of Greg's bean burrito bowl and just sat happily while we ate. Usually in these situations we are rushing because one baby who I will not name tends to lose her patience pretty fast. But not today!

Afterwards they took a nice and long 3 hour nap. Grandpa came over while they were sleeping and did some re-wiring in our kitchen so that we could put up some cool pendant lights over our island. They woke up in time to watch him work and play with his ladder. Then they had dinner and for a reward we took them to
Baskin Robins for some ice cream. I just ordered them a kids cup because I knew they wouldn't eat much. Brody didn't want any of it, he just wanted to play with his spoon. So Kat ended up eating it all. I want to say the night ended perfectly with them both going to bed without a fight, but that was not meant to be. Kat did not want to sleep (maybe it was the ice cream) and talked and cried for a bit. Here's hoping that they sleep in tomorrow!
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!!!! The Baskin Robbins sounds the best!!!!! :) I love me some ice cream!!!!! Glad they were easy yesterday and you were able to have a nice fun day!
I know what you mean about those once in a blue moon days. They are fabulous! Then its like the 'quiet before the storm' sometimes because off course a darn tooth pops through or something. lol
We should try eating out with the twins more - I think we've only done it maybe 2x in their life!!!
Post a Comment