Today we tried coloring. I bought these cute kid sized crayons and let Kat & Brody go wild with them. And they did go wild with them, mostly with eating the crayon!! When I bought these I though they are not going to color like the kid on the box is. And I was right, all they wanted to do was eat them and turn them around in their hands. I had to draw lines on their paper to try to get them interested, but then they wanted to scratch the lines with their little fingernails. They finally managed to get a few dots on the paper. Oh well, at least we tried! I think I will put these away for awhile and try them a little later, when they are older and I don't have to fish crayon parts out of their mouths.


4 comments:
We had the same problem Joanna, but I got markers, so they had purple mouths!!!! Their pictures are sweet....we'll cherish those first pics, won't we?!?!?
I had to laugh when you said 'scratched the marks with their fingernails' because that is what mine do - especially nicholas. How funny!
Mine are fans of markers more than Crayons. Love those pictures :)
So cute! I love the date on them....that way you'll always know when they drew them. I need to try this with my guys soon.
I have the same problem Joanna, I wish they would outgrow the "eating" stage. I took Maddox to the children's museum this past Monday and all he wanted to do was eat everything. It was embarassing! I am glad to see that there are other children out there still doing it too. I thought that mine were the only ones.
Shelly (TMMB)
Post a Comment